How can I update the cost back for past transaction?

nav2009sp1nav2009sp1 Member Posts: 6
Dear all,

I have an item with Standard costing method. During the month, all the transactions used the standard cost (example 300$) to post to Value entry and G/L entry. At the month-end, I calculate the actual cost of this item (example 310$) and want to update back the cost of all transactions from the begining of the month with this new cost. I don't know this is available in NAV 2009 SP1 or not because I tried to run Standard cost worksheet and Revaluation Journal to update the new cost and then run the Ajust Cost-Item Entries batch job but the cost is still the same.

Does anyone have any experience on that?

Thanks,

nav2009sp1

Comments

• nav2009sp1nav2009sp1 Member Posts: 6
    No one can help?? :(:(:(
  • reemareema Member Posts: 255
    But if u want to change the cost of the posted transaction then use the revaluation journal .

You can fill the revaluation journal manually in the revaluation journal for that item, use "applies-to entry no" and select the positive entry to revalue for which quantity is not remaining,
    reema
  • nav2009sp1nav2009sp1 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for your response.

Is there another ways to update the cost? I know when we use revaluation journal to revaluate the cost manually, we have to select which entry that need to be applied. But we have many items and do receipt everyday (Positive Adjmt.) that means we have to create multiple lines to match with multiple receipt entries? It's very time consuming. Please advise.

Thanks.
  • Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    Writing a batch job to automatically generate these Rev. Jnl. Lines for a given time period is about a 20-50-lines of code job and not a particularly complicated one. Loop through the item ledger entries, create a jnl line for each, insert it, validate the applies-to, validate the new unit cost, modify it, copy the the dimensions, that's about it, unless you happen to have lot no.'s or serial no's - that can make it more complicated. Contact any NAV partner near you.
  • quidammquidamm Member Posts: 12
    Take a look at using the Std Cost Worksheet. It's built to update Standard Cost on many items at once. Will start by updating the Item Card, it will also create Re-Valuation Journal Entries for existing Quantity on Hand. THis will work for for "open" quantities. If the quantity has already by sold (or neg. adj.), then custom development to create the specific Re-valuation is probably best.
    The problem's usually between the chair and the keyboard!