Options

Color codes

aaranaaran Member Posts: 10
Does anyone know of a color picker that I can use to find a specific color code?

I need to replicate our current delivery note stationary in terms of both layout and colors...but it's impossible to get the colors right just by guessing the codes!!!

Either that or can someone please tell me what coding format is used in Navision?????

HELP!

Comments

• Options
    awarnawarn Member Posts: 261
    I think you figured out the answer -> HELP.

Run the CSide Help, search on 'color', pick RGB color model from the list, it explains how this works.

-a
  • Options
    This does help to a degree, although the color values I'm working out aren't matching those I've found in Adobe Photoshop..!

For example, the shade of blue I want to use is:
    R: 162
    G: 170
    B: 190

Therefore the formula is: 162 + (170*256) + (190*256*256)...

The resultant integer is 12495522.

This color is appearing as grey rather than feint blue...is there some sort of color limit!???
  • Options
    SteveOSteveO Member Posts: 164
    Just in case...

If you are creating a report, I don't know if you are aware that Navision does not print text in colour.
    This isn't a signature, I type this at the bottom of every message
  • Options
    Yep....found that out a little while ago! Bummer...

However, this report is to be emailed in HTML format, which I imagine supports color? Or am I wasting my time!???
  • Options
    RobertMoRobertMo Member Posts: 484
    Check DotColor 3.0
    Perfect tool for web designers. It's small, it's fast, and it's very useful! With DotColor you can zoom any area of the screen, you can examine the color of the pixels under cursor, you can even copy part of the screen on the
    clipboard. If you ever wanted to know how your HTML page looks on a different background, you can try this with color mixer and change certain pixels on your screen to a different color!

http://www.inetis.com/freeware.asp
               ®obi           
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • Options
    Ian_piddigntonIan_piddignton Member Posts: 92
    Hate to say this but I think you may be wasting your time.

Navision doesn't even Preview the report with colour, and I just tried saving one to HTML that had some simple colours in it and it came out black and white.

Give it a try with some colour to see if it will do what you want before spending ages trying to get the colour right, but I think you are going to find it just won't happen

Ian
  • Options
    Ok...I'll give it a go, but I won't expect too much!

If I succeed, I'll let you know!

Thanks for all your help, guys!