Licensed Sessions & Current Sessions

te6te6 Member Posts: 89
Hello

1. When I go to File->Database->Information->Sessions, NAV 4 SP3 shows two information
1). Currest Sessions ...
2). Licenses Sessions..

Our licensed sessions are 11, but, when the current sessions reached 9, the other users are denied access. I thought we can use all 11. Is there any reason for this? We are running NAV in Native database server mode

When I go to File->Database->Information->Sessions, NAV 4 SP3 shows two information

1) I can see all the user sessions , along with that ,
i) Report server
ii)SQL Agent-Genric Refreshner
in the session table.

NAV Version : 4.0 sp3
DB : SQL 2005

we didn't install NAS also

But , it is accepting only 9 from 11 licensed sessions

Can someone help me ?

Thank you

Comments

• thuthu Member Posts: 6
    If I recall this correctly, the total number of "licensed sessions" includes web/user portal sessions (whatever they are called), which can not be used by normal clients. These used to be visible at least in the license text file.

So probably you licensed 9 normal + 2 web sessions totalling 11.

Regards,
    Thomas
  • defiant701defiant701 Member Posts: 79
    te6 wrote:
    We are running NAV in Native database server mode
    NAV Version : 4.0 sp3
    DB : SQL 2005

Native on SQL ?? :-k must be a new solution... but joking aside. What you see there are all the connections to the database (see also in SQL Management Studio). Normally you can use all of the licensed sessions in 4.xx. Can you post an extract from your license file e.g.

****************************************************************************
    Empty ending spaces and quantities of 1 have been removed in order to reduce
    license size.
    Granule ID Name Anzahl Abl.Dtm.

320 BRL Advanced Management Foundation Pack
    330 BRL Service Management Package
    420 BRL Advanced Management Full Access Users 236

then ist easier to see wheater there are mentioned web users or not.

BR
    defiant701
    Debuggers don't remove bugs, they only show them in slow-motion

LinkedIn
    XING
  • AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230
    Same path as defiant, sounds like you have one database connection and one NAS connection added. I think all licenses come with +1 seat for NAS.