How to adjust Third Party Invoice (Posted) ?

navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
Hi all,

How to adjust Third Party Invoice (Posted) Amount ?

Suppose the Posted Third Party Invoice (Document No. TRD0001) amount is Rs. 1040/- and I want to add Rs.60/- more into the same Document No.

Is it possible in Nav? :-k
Kindly reply.
Now or Never

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Raise a new invoice for the 3rd part and add an item charge against the receipt/Shipment i sone way to do it
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    jannestig wrote:
    Raise a new invoice for the 3rd part and add an item charge against the receipt/Shipment i sone way to do it

Yes. I have already tried this way. But unable to apply the item charge against the receipt/Shipment.

Actual Scenario :

I have created a Sales Invoice ( Customer No. C0001 ) with applying 3rd Party. When I post this Invoice It creates a Third Party Invoice ( 3rd Party Invoice No. is TRD0001 and Vendor is V0001 as a 3rd Party )

Now I want to add more amount on the same document No. (TRD0001).
    I'm not able apply any Item Charge on this Doc No. :-k
    Now or Never
    Are you using an add on for this or customisation?

What message occures when you try to apply the charge item?
    Hi jannestig,

Can you tell me one thing
    How do you craete a 3rd party invoice in Nav?? Suppose you are selling a Item to the Customer (C0001) and 3rd party is T0001.

I am working in NAV IN version. Here 3rd party invoice is being craeted automatically if it is defined in The Structure.

And my objective is to update the Amount of the 3rd party invoice(Posted).
    Now or Never
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    edited 2009-12-03
    jannestig wrote:
    Are you using an add on for this or customisation?

Before u ask this question U have to ask one question That is

Is it Localization functionality ?
    The user should state it, if the user doesn't have a country flag or location its called asking the question.

Localisation is a "localised customisation" thats why the user then stated he's using indian version !!!

Look up singala comment yesterday,

Its a forum where we try to help based on the information provided, because we learn from here about local functionality we can end up helping again

Frankly if you have nothing to add thats even helpful then silencio =; You haven'd added anything but garbage
    Well Said !

Now can you tell me how do you create a 3rd party invoice ??
    Now or Never
    Well as this is an indian localisation based on different requirements on the invoice where you go > invoice > structure.

It would be completly different from how we raise an invoice for 3rd part usually creating a secondary invoice

if it were standard i would suggest you going to the ledger entries and reversing the posted amounts then repost it again. Similiar 3rd party invoice solution i have seen would recommend that as well.
    Dear all,

I'm describing the scenario again here.

Company (A) sells an Item to a Customer (B) thru the Shipping agent FedEx. After some time, the FedEx agent send a Bill to the Company (A) with the Bill Amount Rs. 1000/-. Now the Company (A) pay the bill amount after deducting the TDS on Rs. 1000/-.

Now I want to know from you how I can map this Situation in the Nav system.

What will be the process steps??

Kindly share your valuable knowledge...

Thanks in Advance.
    Now or Never
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    Do u want to collect the transport amount from the customer ?
    At the time of Generate the customer sales invoice do u know the Transport amount ?

for these questions answer is yes Then use the Third Party Invoice .

If Dont u want to collect the transport amount from the customer ?
    At the time of Generate the customer sales invoice if dont u know the Transport amount ?

for these questions if your answer is Yes , then create the seperate invoice for the transporter.
    Do u want to collect the transport amount from the customer ?

No.
    At the time of Generate the customer sales invoice do u know the Transport amount ?

No.

for these questions answer is yes Then use the Third Party Invoice .
    If Dont u want to collect the transport amount from the customer ?

Yes
    At the time of Generate the customer sales invoice if dont u know the Transport amount ?

No.
    for these questions if your answer is Yes , then create the seperate invoice for the transporter.

Thanks..
    Now or Never