Can not Connect the Business Notification SERVER

rxqrxqrxqrxqrxqrxqrxqrxqrxqrxq Member Posts: 22
WINDOWS 2003 SERVER ,ENGLISH VERSION, SQL 2005 SP3, NAVISION 5.1, The SQL SERVER instance is "WIN2003SP2-EN", and it seems everything(SQL SERVER, BUSINESS NOTIFICATION SERVER) be setup is fine. I run navision 5.1 firstly . then I click the business Notification client , the message shows : I need to input the Business notification server name. but as I remember , I have not input the Business notification server name in the process of the installation for the Business notification server . So I input the SQL SERVER name "WIN2003SP2-EN". the following message shows. Could someone help me out of this? thanks!

"The program cannot connect to the server WIN2003SP2-EN,The server could not be found If the problem persists contact your system administrator"

Comments

• phaniphani Member Posts: 9
    With the details you mentioned i feel you not installed the Business Notification Server
    Go to the product CD and find the BN Server setup from the following path.

"Product CD"\BNServer\Setup.exe

click on the Setup to install the BN server.Before that read the Business Notification installation guide which will be available in the Product CD.

Phani
    MS Dynamics Certified Professional
    phanikumar k