Approval process

yekedeyekede Member Posts: 96
Hi all, I'm facing an issue with approval in nav5.0
I have to create a process whereby a salesperson has to send an approval request only if a condition oocurs(ex: if customer's credit limit > amount on sales order). But the standard approval process does not allow for this kind of condition. Does anybody have an idea on this?
Thanks.

Comments

• yekedeyekede Member Posts: 96
    Hi i explain further my issue:
    I'm in nav 5.0
    what i want is that if a customer is under credit limit the order should be automatically approved and released and no approval entries should be created. but if the customer is above credit limit , approval entries should be created for the approver.
    so i did the following setup:
    2 users:A salesperson, a salesmanager.
    In usersetup for salesperson: Approver ID:Salesmanager, Unlimited sales approval:TRUE
    In usersetup for salesmanager: Approver ID:None, Unlimited sales approval:TRUE
    In Approval Templates: 2 entries
    1st entry: Approval code:Sales Order; Approval Type: Approver; Document type:Order; Limit type:Credit Limit Enabled:true
    2nd entry: Approval code:Sales Order; Approval Type: Approver; Document type:Order; Limit type:Approval Limit Enabled:true
    My problem is that even when the customer is below credit limit the approval entries are still created instead of automatically approved and released. What am i missing? Thanks for any idea.
    Please does anybody have an idea on the issue above?
    I have tried again the setup above with this difference:
    In Approval Templates: 2 entries
    1st entry: Approval code:Sales Order; Approval Type: Approver; Document type:Order; Limit type:Approval Limit Enabled:true(No additional approvers)
    2nd entry: Approval code:Sales Order; Approval Type: Approver; Document type:Order; Limit type:Credit Limit Enabled:true(With an additional approver)
    and now i get this result:
    -when the customer is below credit limit the order is automatically released.
    -when the customer is above credit limit i get the status pending approval on the sales header and the message 'Order requires further approval..." but there are no entries inthe sales manager Approval entries form. seems i'm not getting the setup right to achieve my aim :( Any idea?