Options

Entering values directly vs. a list box

MarkKeenerMarkKeener Member Posts: 17
Hello,
I have kind of an odd question - Is it possible to have Navision determine whether a value was typed into a textbox or if the value was selected from a look-up window.

I have a customer that will be using Item Cross-Reference numbers. There may be instances where the same cross-reference number may point to several different item records. I want the system to display the look up window if the user types in a cross-reference number for which there are several records in the item cross-reference table that have the same cross-reference number pointing to mulitple items.

BUT, if the user selects a specific record from the cross-reference list, I don't want the system to do anything except it's normal processing. I am aware that I can put code in the OnValidate trigger that will open the list box. BUT, won't that same code execute when I make a selection from the list box?

What I am trying to figure out is how I can tell Navision that the user made a choice from the list rather than directly typing into the textbox.

I'd like to do this at the table level instead of adding code to a form if at all possible.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Comments

• Options
    SteveOSteveO Member Posts: 164
    If you code your lookup into the OnLookup trigger for that field on the table, then the field validation trigger is not called when you use the lookup form.

So you could have your "if user types in" code on the validate trigger and then your "user used lookup form" in your lookup trigger. And hopefully they wont overlap.

Hope this helps you out a bit.
    This isn't a signature, I type this at the bottom of every message