How to correct the entries posted with zero quantity

ranjityadavranjityadav Member Posts: 92
Hi
In one of our clients the transfer orders are posted without invenotry with the help of code block.
Is there any workaround for this?
suggest plz coz while doing the cost updattion the user faces error item application entry missing.

Answers

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    And this is why it is not good to do transfers when you do not have the quantity on inventory... I am afraid that the "solution" which they are using was the biggest mistake made by someone... and there will be no easy solution of the "side-effect".
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Test test test.....

Well next time at least :whistle:
    David Singleton
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Good luck reconciling your inventory to what you actually have. Who thought this was a good idea?
  • ranjityadavranjityadav Member Posts: 92
    We not suggest this to them this is the requirement araise during the implementation which is done by their previous Partner
    and the person(User) Block the code for doing the Posting.
    Still they want this and we are still trying to close this issue and suggest them not to post the item without inventory.
    They accept this but still want one location from where they can post the negative inventory.
    But for now they want the solution for the posted entries.
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I don't think there is a non-manual way. At this point you have no way to know what your inventory levels are. You'd have to do a physical count.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Hi
    In one of our clients the transfer orders are posted without invenotry with the help of code block.
    Is there any workaround for this?
    suggest plz coz while doing the cost updattion the user faces error item application entry missing.

If it's a requirement, then you need to quote item costing as part of the project. Basically, it involves re-writting of the inventory costing within NAV.
  • Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    I think there is no better solution than

1) Making a list of all items involved in this mess
    2) Clear their inventory to zero
    3) Re-add them by Pos. Adj. or Phys. Inv.
    4) Have an accountant or purchaser or whoever check the unit costs, by looking up the latest purch. invoices for those items
    5) Copy the journal lines to Excel
    6) Have the accountant create some sort of a document in Excel that they can give to taxman if the taxman asks where did those costs come from: for example in every Excel line write something like these costs came from invoice INV0001, INV0002 etc. print it out, sign it. (Better ask the auditor about exactly how to do it.)
    7) Don't do such a thing ever again.

As for the long-term solution:

1) forget about transfers with negative inventory
    2) identify why is this thing even needed, why is the inventory so inaccurate, try to reduce the case of a negative inventory happening to once a week or so by a more accurate process and/or frequent phys. inv. / cycle counting
    3) also identify why do they need to post those transfers? If they just need to print the transfer shipment out, make a "fake" transfer shipment report from the TO and print that out and post the real one only later when the inventory is OK. If they need to have the stock in the other warehouse, create that with a positive adjustment and forget about the transfer.
    3) if you managed to reduce the frequency do it manually i.e. positive adjustment
    4) these positive adjustments need to be reviewed and if necessary, revalued by accountants every month or so