How to change the NAS startupparameter

ta5ta5 Member Posts: 1,164
Hi

I'm trying to change the NAS startupparameter by typing "startupparameter=myPar" in the services mmc, field start parameter. But it returns the error invalid function.
When I type the parameter in the registry, it works like a charm. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Thomas

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Find a document called 'w1w1atas.pdf' on your product cd (the 5.0 will do just fine, it still works the same), you will find all the information you need to change parameters.
  • ta5ta5 Member Posts: 1,164
    Hi Daniel
    Thanks, I know this Document. Unfortunately the nas snap in does not work on this special machine, so I thought it's best to change the parameters in the services manager. Other parameters can be changed there (for example objectcache), but startupparameter throws the error.

Thanks again.
    Thomas
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    ta5 wrote:
    Hi Daniel
    Thanks, I know this Document. Unfortunately the nas snap in does not work on this special machine, so I thought it's best to change the parameters in the services manager. Other parameters can be changed there (for example objectcache), but startupparameter throws the error.

Thanks again.
    Thomas

I had this same problem last week. I had to enter ALL the paramaters, not just startup, took a while to figure what was wrong but eventually I figured the patter in the event viewer.

So specify server, company startparamater etc etc
    David Singleton
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    ta5 wrote:
    Hi Daniel

Thanks again.
    Thomas

You can connect from another computer to the server that runs NAS and use snap to modify the settings.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    ta5 wrote:
    Thanks, I know this Document. Unfortunately the nas snap in does not work on this special machine, so I thought it's best to change the parameters in the services manager.
    This document also tells you how to run the startup parameters from the command prompt.
  • nav-2-sharepointnav-2-sharepoint Member Posts: 25
    You can set the startup parameter as well as other parameters directly in the System Registry. Here is the key location:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\APP_SERVER_SERVICE_NAME]

The setting are self-explantory.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    You can set the startup parameter as well as other parameters directly in the System Registry. Here is the key location:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\APP_SERVER_SERVICE_NAME]

The setting are self-explantory.

I think he already mentioned that.
    ta5 wrote:
    When I type the parameter in the registry, it works like a charm. Any ideas?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n