NAV 5 SP1 Order Planning Calculate Plan

ferrysbferrysb Member Posts: 14
Hi All,

Please help,
- I'm using Nav 5 SP 1 North America (NA) Version.
- SQL Server 2005.
- DB Size ndf file : 633Mb
mdf file : 45 Mb
log file : 1.4 Gb

I'm using Order Planning --> Calculate Plan. It takes a very long time to finish the Calculate Plan.

1. on my Local PC / Local SQL server: It needs 3.5 hours to run the Calculate Plan.
2. on User's PC / Local SQL server, it run for more than 10 hours, and not yet finished ( seems some bottleneck is happened, because the source is used 100% on task manager ).
3. tried on CRP Server, it runs around 5 hours ( 70% only ).

Overall, it takes unusual time to finish the calculation. And during this time, all sales/item/production related table is locked, so user can't do any work on Navision.

- Currently we have around 2300 Production Order ( range from 2003 from 2009 ), around 100 Sales Order. No customization on Calculate Plan related codeunit.
- I have "Dynamic Low-Level Code" = NO, and I already run the calculate low level code activity.
- The Low level code on BOM are ranged between 1 - 6, and i think the maximum is 8. I just review it quickly from the table.
- I also did SQL optimization : the index defrag or re-index.
- Only 1 user connected to the SQL Server.
- CPU Usage is showing 100%, when processing the Calculate Plan.

Please help to advise.

Thank you.

Comments

• JedrzejTJedrzejT Member Posts: 267
    Hi

If you have in MF setup "Dynamic Low-Level Code"=NO then you have to use "Calculate Low Level Code" activity - That may help a little (or huge)
    What is the biggest value of "Low-Level Code" in all BOM's?
    Time of plan - It's all about Levels of BOM's.. Less levels less time. Sometimes one more level can add huge amount of time.
  • ferrysbferrysb Member Posts: 14
    JedrzejT wrote:
    Hi

If you have in MF setup "Dynamic Low-Level Code"=NO then you have to use "Calculate Low Level Code" activity - That may help a little (or huge)
    What is the biggest value of "Low-Level Code" in all BOM's?
    Time of plan - It's all about Levels of BOM's.. Less levels less time. Sometimes one more level can add huge amount of time.

Hi JedrzejT,
    thx for your reply.
    yes, i have "Dynamic Low-Level Code" = NO, and I already run the calculate low level code activity.
    The Low level code on BOM are ranged between 1 - 6, and i think the maximum is 8. I just review it quickly from the table.

Anybody know some fine-tune I can do for the codeunit of Nav5SP1, to speedup the process ?