Options

Email and Navision

rjblakejrjblakej Member Posts: 7
I am working with a client and we are having some difficulty with email.

On some workstations it works great and on others it is not working at all.

They are all configured the same and use Outlook 2003.

In some cases, the emails are forwarded and in others, they are not. When they are, the sent items are updated. When not, they do not appear in the client outlook.

Is there something anyone knows that could help track down why this would occur?

Is it using CDO or SMTP to send the messages? If SMTP, can it be changed?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    ewilsoniiiewilsoniii Member Posts: 2
    We are having the same problem. I have not been able to determine what is causing this. The Outlook Security Template is configured correctly. Navision should not make it so hard to get technical support.
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    blocked ports? different ports? firewall enabled? virus protection?

just curious if the computers that work & do not work have all the above in common?

If you think everything is setup correctly - then I usually start eliminating & narrowing down.

or maybe it's just a Florida Thing? :lol:
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I brought up the above post due to just recently my Gentran:Director (EDI) was receiving & no longer sending.

After reinstalling & setting up over & over I called my ISP & asked them about my ports.

They said "Oh Yeah" port 25 is now blocked. trying to stop spammers or whatever their excuse was.

Unfortunately that's what I had Gentran setup to use. So after I adjusted to ports to a new # - everything was working fine.

Don't you just love when system changes are made and they don't mention anything :twisted: :evil:
  • Options
    ewilsoniiiewilsoniii Member Posts: 2
    We solved our problem. On the PCs that the email did not work, the MSMAPI32.OCX was missing. Copy this file to the PC, register it and email will work.

We run the Navision client from the server instead of installing the client to each PC which is why the OCX was missing and not registered. You would think if Serenic supports this type of installation, they would know about this potential problem.