Inconsistencies in the G/L Entries

NASiNASi Member Posts: 48
Hi all: I'm working with NAV 2009 (6.0 SP1) ES and I get an error that says
The transaction cannot be completed because it will cause inconsistencies in the G/L Entry table.
Check where and how the CONSISTENT function is used in the transaction to find the reason for the error.
bla, bla, bla ...
Scenario
There is one line in a G/L Journal
Date (any date)
Document no. : any document
Account type : Vendor
Account no. : Vendor no.
Then I go to Apply Entries (button) and I can see the open documents of my vendor. There is one document with an import -1.160,00 EUR (negative) and another with 5,80 EUR (positive). This is the real question : two open documents but the first is negative and the second is positive (or viceversa). With F9 I apply the entries and I come back to the journal where I can see a debit amount of 1.154,20 EUR. Correct!. My computer is working fine with sums.
Then I fill the balance account and I post.
When I post I get the error of inconsistencies.

Well, is important to say that we use local functionallity called Cartera and the error occurs when the document type is 'Bill'.

Someone knows the error, or knows a hot fix for this?
Thanks so match.
Thanks a lot.

Answers

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Take a look at this thread and find out why you would get the error.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22748&hilit=consistency
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • NASiNASi Member Posts: 48
    Thanks ara3n for your link.
    It will be very useful, not only for now.

With this tool I can see what I was imagining (I get it with a rudimentary use with message('%1', Amount) and so on ...),
    but the problem, now, is why?.
    The G/L Entries that I get are first the credit with the sum (positive and negative) and then the debit with only the sum of positive amounts.

Well, if anybody knows a hotfix it will be very appreciate. If not, I'll continue my investigation.

Thanks a lot.
    Thanks a lot.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

Have you looked at partnersource for KB article?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

Yes. Of course. I think that there are not a KB article about this (I'm not able to find it)
    I spent all the day debbuging codeuint 12.
    The 5.0 SP1 works fine and I was comparing both codeunits but its very dificult to see this difference.
    I'll continue.
    Thanks ara3n!!
    Thanks a lot.
    I've locked at the code and yes, they have made many changes in regards to application of the documents. I suggest to contact MS.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    This Seems to be it as it applies to 2009 and spanish version with same error message and mention
    catera invoices

https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase ... koonkowovr
    That's a good find. I searched as well for INCONSISTENCE and SPANISH

but didn't get the results.

It applies to 2009 but the original poster mentioned he is on 2009 sp1.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Yes its all about the search technique i got a whole page using

inconsistencies + G/L + Spanish

You have to use the exact wording, the KB search is pretty abismal actually

I often wonder How people and MS manage these hotfixes, is it for sure that MS carries over every single KB article to the next version ?
  • YarmoshyYarmoshy Member Posts: 8
    I ran across this problem and all the forums on mibuso link to ara3n's CU code. However, after figuring out it was some sort of tax calculation from reading other posted, I simply unchecked the box Tax Liable on the Invoice tab (Nav 2009 SP 1 just like original poster), ran F9 statistics, rechecked Tax Liable box, ran F9 again, and was then able to post the order without the INCONSISTENT error.

Worked for me, so maybe people should try this before messing around with all that code stuff in the future. Just thought I would share how we got around the error. :D
    Finally it was solved opening an incident with Microsoft. =D>
    It was hard, and the bugfix wasn't an easy and obvious correction.
    Now is working fine.
    For your information the bugfix was the PS57545, but in the incident they talk about the PS57658.
    I don't know if the bugfix was published. They sent me the code via incident.
    If someone needs it I'll send in a e-mail.
    Thanks to all.
    Thanks a lot.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Yarmoshy wrote:
    I ran across this problem and all the forums on mibuso link to ara3n's CU code. However, after figuring out it was some sort of tax calculation from reading other posted, I simply unchecked the box Tax Liable on the Invoice tab (Nav 2009 SP 1 just like original poster), ran F9 statistics, rechecked Tax Liable box, ran F9 again, and was then able to post the order without the INCONSISTENT error.

Worked for me, so maybe people should try this before messing around with all that code stuff in the future. Just thought I would share how we got around the error. :D

Hi Yarmoshy,

this is interesting. FYI your bug is completely different to the original one, and there are a number of threads about it. Its very interesting, because this bug came into the US version of Navision in (I think) version 3.01 and then some how got into W1 in 3.10 and there were lots of work around and hot fixes to be able to post invoices with US sales tax. The solution you mention is one of them, many involved simply changing and then putting back sales tax so it would round correctly, sometimes you had to put a comment line at the end of the invoice.

Anyway I make this comment, because it by version 3.70B this bug appeared to be completely fixed. I personally never saw it in any version from 4.00 sp1 onwards. But seeing it back again in 2009 sp1 is reason for concern.

Can you confirm that this is a clean 2009 sp1 install, and NOT an upgrade? If its an upgrade then its probably a bug from upgrading, but if its a clean install I would log this as an issue with Microsoft.
    David Singleton
  • YarmoshyYarmoshy Member Posts: 8
    David,

It was actually an upgrade from NAV 4.0 SP3. Funny thing is though that this was the first time our company has ever run into the bug, and they even had versions before 4.0, Financials and Attain I believe they were called. I think I will look into the bug fixes NASi was talking about in case we run into it again in the future.

-Yarm
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Yarmoshy wrote:
    David,

It was actually an upgrade from NAV 4.0 SP3. Funny thing is though that this was the first time our company has ever run into the bug, and they even had versions before 4.0, Financials and Attain I believe they were called. I think I will look into the bug fixes NASi was talking about in case we run into it again in the future.

-Yarm

That's normal then. I have seen the errors propagate few a few upgrades. I was just worried if the error was in a "clean" 2009 install.
    David Singleton
  • RavikandulaRavikandula Member Posts: 42
    NASi wrote:
    Finally it was solved opening an incident with Microsoft. =D>
    It was hard, and the bugfix wasn't an easy and obvious correction.
    Now is working fine.
    For your information the bugfix was the PS57545, but in the incident they talk about the PS57658.
    I don't know if the bugfix was published. They sent me the code via incident.
    If someone needs it I'll send in a e-mail.
    Thanks to all.

can you please explain how you have solved problem. we are facing same INCONSISTENCE problem in purchase debit note when we reverse TDS entry.

Regards,
    Ravi Kandula.
    Please, send me a private message and I will send you the code that Microsoft sent to me.
    Thanks a lot.
  • RikarddoRikarddo Member Posts: 80
    Hello,

I'm new at this so help me.
    How i define variables in this code "SingleCU.InsertGL(GLEntry);"

SingleCU as codeunit right? and what about Insert.gl?