Item not on inventory - subcontracting issue

shillushillu Member Posts: 72
Hi All,

I have made one Production order in that have 2 routing step in which second is sub contracting. I finish the operation 1 and consume the row material. For second operation (Sub Contracting) I made sub contracting order from sub contracting worksheet, but when I try to send that order it gives me error that the componet item is not in inventory. I checkd that it was in inventory.
By debbuging I found that in code unit 22 the ItemJnlLine variable has assinged Entry Type as Transfer and since it is Transfer the navision assign ItemLedgerEntry.Quantity = -ItemJnlLine.Quantity and in further it check that if ItemLedgerEntry.Quantity < 0 then it prompt this error.

I suspect, im getting this error as there is no lot tracking functionality is available for subcontracting orders. for this,I have tried one workaround..using Transfer order functionality to transfer the material from company location to vendor location. but the issues is, when post the consumption entry, a differnt error ( Lot number must not be there in the Item Ledger entry entry no ....)

FYI..The Item is not reserved.

Please advice , is there any workaround to solve this issue.

Comments

• reemareema Member Posts: 255
    which version you are using ?

If it is Nav 2009 sp1 then Lot racking functionality is availble for subcontracting materials also.
    reema
  • shillushillu Member Posts: 72
    Hi Reema,

I am using 4.0 SP3. Is there way to resolve this issue in NAV 4.0 SP3?

Thanks,
    Shilpa.
  • Ravi_ThakkarRavi_Thakkar Member Posts: 392
    Hi, Shillu,

I am also having the same issue.
    Is there any solution or Bugfix available for this issue?
    Please, suggest.
    Ravi_Thakkar
    Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
    E Mail : ravi.thakkar@hotmail.com
  • shillushillu Member Posts: 72
    Hi Ravi,

I have solved the issue by incorpoting the code from NAV 2009SP1 to 4.0SP3.

There are 2 extra functionalities (Item tracking and Dimensions) were added in NAV 2009 SP1 for subcontracting order.

If you need further information on this, you can reach me on my email id.

Thanks,
    Shilpa.