Problem in Revaluation

mehmeh Member Posts: 50
edited 2009-11-30 in Navision Financials
I have many issues regarding the revaluation and i am not able to tackle them.

1) The first thing is that even if i have kept no adjustment in Reporting tab of Exchange rate adjustment the transactions are revalued for few specific g/l a/c. Is there any way to stop revaluation entries for multicurrency transactions passing from vendor and customer ledger entries.

2) Secondly we do provision on FCY and payment in equivalent LCY.Because the payment were not applied against the provision revaluation is done in all open FCY ledger and customer entries so we are not able to generate the report to see the actual payables and receivables. Even if we are trying to apply the posted transaction due to revaluation the partial amount is only applied. It is creating a big problem for us to handle as we might have to pass manual entries to adjust the receivables and payables.And we have more than 15000 lines so it might give a big trouble :( .Please suggest as our implementing partner couldnt provide any solution in regards and that too we cannot reverse the system generated revaluation entries.

3)In some cases the provision are made in diff exchange rate in FCY then that in the actual rate of the month so in this case there will be definately revaluation in the open ledger entries and as the payment is done in LCY there is no point of realisation , here too we have a problem in revaluation. Even we try to apply and post the transaction the transactions are not fully applies and there will be unapplied amount remaining in customer and vendor ledger entries.

Does navision has any alternate solution for revaluation ?? Or this is a huge mess dont know whether its because of the set up or any process error but it is making a big confusion to generate report from the payable and receivable module.

HOpe to hear back

Comments

• kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    If u didn't want to affect ur customer or vendor A/cs u shudn't have selected adjust customer, vend... option while running the exchange rate batch job.

Now as this has been done if not too many entries have been posted after this batch job I would have restored the last backup and would have ran this again without checking this boolean and then complete the backlog. If it is not too late.

Another way would be (which again is going to create good enough no. of entries ) is make the exchange rate as 1:1 and it would bring everything equal to ur LCY. This time u shud keep the boolean checked and then decide on what u want.
    I would suggest you to catch ur partner and ask them to help u as they would be in better position to analyze ur db.
    Kapil Khanna
  • mehmeh Member Posts: 50
    Actuallly we want some customers and vendors to be adjusted and for some we dont want it thats the reason we choosed in one g/l as no adjustment but it was adjusted as well..the datas are in open status from the begining of the year and your suggestion might not help us in this situation.

I am passing on manual entries to adjust the payables. But dont know what accounts shall i adjust because there any many entries passed by system while running adjust exchange rates batch.