New license generation medium for partners

AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230
Hello everyone! I was recently informed by my client's MS Partner that Microsoft changed their license generation system to operate online, and this is causing issues with generating licenses to run 2009. Is there a partner here who has dealt with this and heard a resolution from Microsoft? My client is on a short implementation deadline so getting their functional license in a timely manner is quite important to us. I am trying to get as much information as possible on this issue to handle expectations for my client. Thanks for your input, it is appreciated!

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    We just had granule 9100 (NAV Service Tier) added to our license and I can tell you it has taken more than two weeks. I trust that our partner put in the order that far back and it usually only takes a day or two.
  • AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230
    So the latest license has
    2140 Dynamics NAV 2009

But not 9100 NAV Service Tier.

Are there any other lines I can be on the lookout for? The latest one we received is still returning the 'not a valid license file' error when trying to load it into 2009.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Have you gotten in touch with Microsoft about this yet?
  • AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230
    DenSter wrote:
    Have you gotten in touch with Microsoft about this yet?

Not regarding the 9100 Service Tier information, still have to hear back from the partner on that. We just got the license working in the demo database, so I guess we are on the same wait as matttrax for the 9100 permissions.
  • jbrajbra Member Posts: 32
    I missed this thread earlier when I posted:
    viewtopic.php?f=23&t=38672

We have been waiting more than 3 weeks for a new license that is needed for an upgrade. MS keeps sending our partner emails that say something like: thanks waiting, keep waiting until we get our licensing software fixed.