Consol. Translation Methods on G/L Accounts

AaronGAaronG Member Posts: 10
Hello all you NAVer's out there. Here's one for the functional finance expert!

In NAV it's possible to consolidate G/L data from one company to another, translating the FCY into LCY along the way given different methods: average, historical, closing, etc etc. The Chart of Accounts are identical in the sub (source) and the parent (destination), except the Consol. Translation Methods. This is due to the need to be compliant with IFRS (long story). Certain specific G/L Accounts need to have different Consol. Translation Methods (between parent and sub) because there are other upstream and downstream consolidations requiring different translation methods. When the Consolidation is tested and run, NAV coughs up an error to the effect of "the Consol. Translation Method in the sub must be the same as that of the parent for G/L Account XXXXX" So they've got account 15100 in the sub set to Historical, and the same account in the parent set to Closing.

I found the code doing this test and causing this error. I've commented it out and everything's great, but I know it's never a good idea to remove standard code unless I'm 100% certain it's OK to do so. So...that's why I'm here...anyone have any ideas as to why it's not a good idea to comment this code out?

Thanks in advance - Aaron

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    The fact you are asking the question after you already did is a good indication about not doing it