LOOKUP PROPERTY AUTOMATICALLY DISABLED IN JV FORM

MRNSTSMRNSTS Member Posts: 7
If i change the Account No. field property focusable as <No> the lookup property gets disabled in the Journal Voucher form in Dynamics Nav 5.0.

Let me know the solution for this.

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Tell me how you think that this is a problem. You designed the control so that users can't set the focus on it. That means you can't click on it, you can't tab to it. How can you possibly look something up without setting the focus on that control?
  • MRNSTSMRNSTS Member Posts: 7
    Mr.Danile what I want is user should not type in the Account No. column instead they should lookup and select. If i change the property as non editable lookup is working but unable to select. How i can solve this ??
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Not editable means you can't change it, not by typing, not by selecting from a list. Not focusable means you can't even place the cursor on the field, so you can't do anything in it. I find this requirement a bit strange though. If a customer would ask me I'd explain the way the system works instead. It doesn't it matter HOW a field is populated. You can set the field's table relationship to be enforced, and nobody will be able to enter a wrong value into the field. Some people like to look up, some people (like me) like to type values in. If I know the value of a certain field, typing it in is often faster than looking it up from a list.

As long as valid values are entered, it shouldn't matter how that value is entered, does it?
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    Hi MRNSTS !!!

Do the EDITABLE property NO in the Item Journal Line table and then open the Item Journal Form and Select the item no. and look & feel what you expecting .

You can apply the Same thing on JV form and you will get exact result.
    Now or Never
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    navuser1 wrote:
    Do the EDITABLE property NO in the Item Journal Line table ...]

No. The correct solution is to teach the users to use Navision the Navision way.
    David Singleton
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    navuser1 wrote:
    Do the EDITABLE property NO in the Item Journal Line table ...]

No. The correct solution is to teach the users to use Navision the Navision way.

Hi David.

Please let me know where I'm wrong ?
    Now or Never