Error installing NAS on Windows Server 2008 R2

bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
I receive the following message when opening the management console "MMC could not create the snap-in". Any thoughts?
There are no bugs - only undocumented features.

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    i had this problem in the past on a 2003-Server. The problem was with the .net framework and the adminpak (Admin Tool with a lot of nice little features from MS)

After uninstall .Net Framework and reinstall all works fine. I searched at that time in google for mmc could not create and after reading some post in some other forums there was also a other solution with editing a file. But i can't find it now :oops: . So, maybe u test it with the reinstall of the .net frame work ....

Is there an entry in the ServerManager.log --> C:\Systemroot\Logs ?

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    I've had that error with the NAS manager that is installed as part of NAS, and usually when I run MMC directly from the command prompt I can add the NAS snap-in without a problem. Don't know if that works on 2008 though.

Start -> run -> type in 'MMC' -> click OK. Then do File -> add/remove snap-in and add them to your heart's desire.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    You need the redistributable C++ Sp1. If you search mibuso, you'll find the link.
    There are other threads on this.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    @Rashed: The same also here for the snapin?

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=37094 <- the link is in the last post
    Do you make it right, it works too!