Options

Invoice Number Skip - Urgent Number Sequence Problem

mbshinde78mbshinde78 Member Posts: 14
edited 2010-11-29 in Dynamics AX
Hello All,

I have found this forum really helpful all the time.

I am using Axapta 3.0 SP3. The problem is with invoice. When I post a sales order, sometimes the invoice number skips randomly. I am unable to identify when and why does it happens.

For the number sequence, I have verified that the "Continuous" option is checked and "Clear" from the clean up table us unchecked. This way the number will not skip even if the power goes off in the middle of posting invoice.

What could be the possible reason?

1. Is it a Axapta bug?
2. Could that be due to because someone cleared the freelist?

Your opinions and suggestions appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Manoj

Comments

• Options
    dynuserdynuser Member Posts: 48
    Hi
    In NAV, i have faced this problem in Posting receipts. It was happening when the users encountered errors while posting the receipts.It will assign the no. in the posting No. field of the purchase header and in the No. series also, it will be incremented. If different purchase order is posted as a receipt, that No will be skipped. Otherwise, it will be ok.
    The error would be because of posting setup, or any other error. This might be the same thing in AX. You can check this possibility to find out the reason for Sales.

Regards
    Please let me know the status
    Dynuser
    mbshinde78 wrote:
    Hello All,

I am using Axapta 3.0 SP3. The problem is with invoice. When I post a sales order, sometimes the invoice number skips randomly. I am unable to identify when and why does it happens.

For the number sequence, I have verified that the "Continuous" option is checked and "Clear" from the clean up table us unchecked. This way the number will not skip even if the power goes off in the middle of posting invoice.

1. Is it a Axapta bug?

Thanks a lot

Manoj
  • Options
    kranthikranthi Member Posts: 72
    Hi,

I dont know whether it is bug in 3.0 or not - i have not worked with 3.0

When exactly the number is getting skipped???

Check whether the same number sequence has been assigned to other things..
    Kranthi
  • Options
    dynuserdynuser Member Posts: 48
    What is the status? [-(
    dynuser wrote:
    Hi
    In NAV, i have faced this problem in Posting receipts. It was happening when the users encountered errors while posting the receipts.It will assign the no. in the posting No. field of the purchase header and in the No. series also, it will be incremented. If different purchase order is posted as a receipt, that No will be skipped. Otherwise, it will be ok.
    The error would be because of posting setup, or any other error. This might be the same thing in AX. You can check this possibility to find out the reason for Sales.

Regards
    Please let me know the status
    Dynuser
    mbshinde78 wrote:
    Hello All,

1. Is it a Axapta bug?

Thanks a lot

Manoj