Bank reconciliation - SP1 vs. the manual?

kahalakahala Member Posts: 40
Hi,
I've just downloaded the newest manual from Partnersource and wanted to investigate a bit on the bank reconciliation part in NAV 2009, and I've run in to something I find a bit peculiar.
In the manual (NAV 2009, Finance, chapter 4, page 31) there's a screenshot of the bank reconciliation window. When I go in through the exact same path in my NAV 2009, SP1 it looks different and I can't find the explanation.
In the manual there are two fasttabs: General and lines.
In the application there are five fasttabs: General, Checks, Deposits/transfers, Adjustments and Control info.
What am I forgetting/doing wrong since it looks like this? I'm finding it a bit difficult doing actual bank reconciliation since the look is so different.
Thanks

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Perhaps its because you are using the Danish Version rather then the W1 version.

UK Version looks the same except 5 fields below the lines, swedish looks the same.

The objects in both are marked as sp1 modified.

Check your objects for danish locality modification
  • kahalakahala Member Posts: 40
    All objects are W1 :?
  • lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    Are you sure your RTC is looking at the same database as your classic client?
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
    Can you attach a screen shot, is possible as he said its another DB or someone has added addon.
  • hardik_shahhardik_shah Member Posts: 219
    Problem should be in Database Accessing.......
    Yes it's looking at the same database.
    I actually tried to attach a screenshot of the manual and of the application because the visual usually helps but using paint the file was to big and now I've tried both doc, docx and pdf but it doesn't accept any of these extensions. How the h... do you attach stuff in her?!?
    Feel free to laugh because I do feel a bit stupid now being able to attach a file :shock: ...
    save it as a jpg instead of the .bmp for smaller size.... hehehe

Out of curiosity when you change the language between danish and english are they both translated correctly? if it only has a danish translation, it could mean
    its an add on?

Also how does the classic bank reconciliation look?
    Ok now I've added an image of how the application looks
    Looks like you are connected to the NA or north american Version its the only place i can see a mention to that form name

The Bank Recon Worksheet is not release in W1 i can see that or in the other locality version i have tried

What Database are you using ? IS it a W1, NA or Danish GO to object designer find the form and Page and post the version list field on here

we should be able to answer you then unless its toyed around with

One of the Seppos should be able to confirm :-k
    It's an NA so that's what's causing the difference I suppose. So is the solution to get a localized manual if that exists?
  • lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    Yes. But is there nothing in the Online Help (use F1) on this?
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community