Problem reversing an entry..

Manish_AhlawatManish_Ahlawat Member Posts: 31
I am trying to reverse an bank account ledger entry ..

Error: You cannot reverse bank account ledger entry no XXX because the entry has a related check ledger entry..

help :-k
Rule from today: Never take others comment in a wrong way, these might help you to travel a long way in your carrier.

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Reverse the check ledger entry first, its fun :whistle:
  • lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    I do not have a lot of knowledge on this, but it sounds logic to that you cannot reverse as apparently a check has been issued (i.e. a check ledger entry exist).

Probably if you void the check associated to the bank account ledger entry you might be able to reverse the bank account ledger entry.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • FakerulesFakerules Member Posts: 50
    jannestig wrote:
    Reverse the check ledger entry first, its fun :whistle:

So how to do it...Please elaborate
    wow i hit f1 and get the answer :shock:

Local functionality may be different..

To Void Checks:
    Open the Check Ledger Entries window. Select the line with the check that is to be voided.

Click Check, Void Check. The Confirm Financial Void window appears.

In the Void Date field, enter the date the check should be voided.

Select one of the following options for Type of Void:

Unapply and void check: the payment will be unapplied so that the vendor ledger entry for the invoice will be open, and the payment will be reversed by the voided check.

Void check only: the vendor ledger entry will still be closed by the payment entry, and the voided check entry will be open.

Click Yes to void the check.

The program creates a new entry with the posting description Voiding check xx. The Entry Status field on the check ledger entry is changed to Financially Voided.

Warning
    You cannot void checks posted in a non-balancing transaction.

Note
    If you want to re-issue a check that has been voided, you must enter a new payment in the payment journal. If the voided check was unapplied, you apply the new check to the original invoice entry. If the voided check was not unapplied, then you must apply the new check to the vendor ledger entry that was created by the program when the check was voided.
  • manishgoyalmanishgoyal Member Posts: 52
    first you have to cancel(void) that cheack of that entry.and then reverse that entry...
    Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
  • FakerulesFakerules Member Posts: 50
    first you have to cancel(void) that cheack of that entry.and then reverse that entry...
    Manish Goyal

I think someone already told me the same thing above..
    Don't post unnecessary things..while I appreciate the effort it is nonsense to copy paste the above posts..
    Totally agree =D>