Send link to Desktop in C/AL

cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
Hi,

I have an external application that i start from NAV. Now from that application I want to have the possibility to open a specific form in NAV.
I want to send the hyperlink I get when I from that form choose File -> Send link to desktop. Is it in someway possible to extract this info from C/AL?
I need this info on runtime so it's not an option to use the function and copy the value.

Comments

• Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    Open manually the form in NAV you want to have opened from the external application, then select Edit->Copy Link, and you will get copied a full link to your form and record on the form.

If you paste your link into notepad you will get a text starting from: navision://client/run?database=...

This link is 'runnable' - I mean you can copy it to Start->Run menu and it will launch recently registered NAV client. Which means that you can use any SHELL or EXEC or whatever function which external application use for running any operating system command.

There are few catches. You have to use Windows authentication in NAV. If you haven't installed NAV client properly but just copied directory with NAV executables, NAV is not registered and the link won't open NAV client. If you installed more than one NAV client on the workstation it will launch recently installed NAV Client - there is no control over this.

Hope this helps.

Slawek
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    Did you also have a look at the form (and report) triggers OnCreateHyperLink and OnHyperLink?

It seems to me that they might of help. Read the Online Help for more information.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community