Cash receipt Journal

asemberengasembereng Member Posts: 220
I have two cashiers using the same receipt journal but they can never work together simultaneously. Whenever they both post journals one of them will have an error saying the document no should be xxxxxxxxxxx where xxxxxxxx is the number series they both using.
How best can make both the cashiers post journal without any errors using the same number series.?
Thanks

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Use posting number series in the batch.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • asemberengasembereng Member Posts: 220
    I dont understand.. I am using number series.. Is there another one called number series in Batch? Please explain further.
    Thanks
  • AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    Try to use the different Batch Name.
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Check the field "Posting No. Series" in the Journal Batch. Define your number series in Posting No. Series" and create new number series for the users. NAV will use Posting No. Series for generating document number at the time of posting.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • rajatkaliarajatkalia Member Posts: 65
    HI

As Sandeep and Andri said u can create different Batches for the users and assign different No. series for each Batch in the "No. Series" field in Journal Batch Screen, but assign one no. series to all the batches in the "Posting No. Series" field in the Journal Batch screen. By doing this each user will get a different no. when the document is created but while posting system will pick the no. from the Posting No. series which will be a common no.

Regards,
    Rajat.
  • aquawateraquawater Member Posts: 71
    ssingla wrote:
    Check the field "Posting No. Series" in the Journal Batch. Define your number series in Posting No. Series" and create new number series for the users. NAV will use Posting No. Series for generating document number at the time of posting.
    Thanks for the info. Sometimes we encountered this error and I just told the user to change the Document No.. :oops:
  • MammoMammo Member Posts: 107
    Hi,

I am using Nav 5.0 with SP1,

I defined No series for different batches and number series for the posted one as well but still it does not keep the next number in the document number automatically. When I try to post then it shows that document number must be x000050 (last number used by the number series) or so on. Can any one give me idea how I can have the next number available without typing by the user.

Regards,
  • rajatkaliarajatkalia Member Posts: 65
    HI

You need to assign different No. series for each Batch in the "No. Series" field in Journal Batch Screen, but assign one no. series to all the batches in the "Posting No. Series" field in the Journal Batch screen

Can you tell what is given in the "No. Series" field and "Posting No. Series" field for different Batches.

Regards,
    Rajat.
  • MammoMammo Member Posts: 107
    Hi Rajat,

May be I did not make it clear that I am asking how the next number will appear automatically as document number in the batch. Currently I need to type it manually however system gives me warning to type the exact number which is the next available number in the number series.

For example I post a batch by providing document number AB0001 so the next number from the no series should apear automatically as AB0002 in the document number column after the posting. But this is not happening. I have to type AB0002 manually in the document No column when I use the same batch next time. if I type any other number than AB0002 then system gives me message to type the exact number as per the next available number series.

I hope I made it clear.

Regards,