Production of Y item against X item production order

sacmonsacmon Member Posts: 29
This is regarding output of any item with the production order.
Can anyone give me the idea if I am creating Output for X item, after producing X item physically, then I came to know that this is not an X item it is Y item, how can I book output against that production order with the Y item.
Setups:-
Version: - Microsoft Dynamics NAV 4.0 SP3
Flushing Method in item card for raw material: - Forward
Flushing Method in WorkCenter for final item:- Manual
Costing Method: - Average
Cost Posted to G/L:- TRUE
Expected Cost to G/L:- TRUE
Automatic Cost Adjustment:- Never

I am taking an example for your better understanding.
Suppose I have created a Released prod. Order for X item with the 100 quantities. During releasing the order system flushed (consumption) the raw materials due to Flushing method Forward in related item card. After producing the material physically, I came to know that there are 80 ‘X’ items have been produced and 5 quantities have been damaged due to handling and 15 quantities have been partially damaged but I can sale it with different (lower price) price with different item code say ‘Y’. Now I can book output through Output Journal or Production Journal stating Output Quantity>>>80, Scrap Quantity>>>5 and I don’t have the option for 15 quantities, where to put it.
My client doesn’t want extra entry for this scenario. Please note that I have already booked consumption entries for the raw materials or you can say already transferred Raw material to WIP inventory for the 100 quantities.

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Your only one entry screen option would be a negative consumption of Y which you will need to verify the customer is happy with what is happening to the costing at this point.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • sacmonsacmon Member Posts: 29
    Thanks for the reply Adam.

I am worried about the cost of Y, which will be zero if i post consumption with negative quantity through consumption journal and whats about the components which are already flushed while releasing the order and all the cost of raw materials have been load on 'X', which should be load on 'Y' based on the quantities which are partially scraped.

Hope this can be understandable statement.