Req. Worksheet: multi Purchase Order generation problem

Mike_ESPMike_ESP Member Posts: 7
Alright folks, tell me what I'm missing here.

1. Start with a fresh CRONUS USA database. (I've tested with 5.0 SP1 SQL and non-SQL, also version 6.0 non-SQL)
2. Create two items, both identical:
-Base Unit of Measure = PCS
-Item Category Code = MISC
-Product Group Code = SUPPLIERS
-Vendor No. = 10000
-Reordering Policy = Lot-for-Lot (you can also use ORDER if you like)
-Include Inventory = YES
Let everything else use defaults.

3. Create a Sales Order for Customer 10000 The Cannon Group PLC
4. On the Shipping tab, set Ship-to Code = PARK ROAD. Note that the Location Code in the header will say BLUE
5. Create one sales line for each of the two items you created in step 2. For both lines, set the Location Code to RED and the quantity to 100
6. Open the Requisition Worksheet and run Functions > Calculate Plan. You should get two lines, one for each item. Other than the Item No., the fields should be identical.
7. Run Functions > Carry Out Action Message. This will give you one Purchase Order
8. Delete the Purchase Order
9. Go back to the Sales Order and set both lines with a Purchasing Code of DROP SHIP.
10. Go to the Requisition Worksheet, and this time use Functions > Drop Shipment > Get Sales Orders. Select your Sales Order and click OK
11. Run Functions > Carry Out Action Message. This gives you two Purchase Orders.
12. Try doing steps 9 through 11 again, but this time set the location on the sales lines equal to the header (so that everything says BLUE). It will create on Purchase Order.

So what's up with NAV trying to create multiple orders? Shouldn't it just be creating one?

Comments

• kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    To get the answer go to Purchase Order click on Order -> Order Tracking u would come to know which individual line is coming as result of which demand. That shud explain why there r 2 orders. :)
    Kapil Khanna
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    On a drop shipment it allows you to send the goods direct to the customer, with 2 sales lines they could theoretically be to different customers or delivery addresses - yours happen to be on the same order. As you have two lines there are two fulfillments to be shipped to two potential addresses.

Where it is coming to your establishment there can only be one possible destination, so one line.

For drop shipments it should create 2 lines to enable you to fulfill them from different vendors and provide them to different delivery addresses.

I think this is your answer from just reading what you have written.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • Mike_ESPMike_ESP Member Posts: 7
    To get the answer go to Purchase Order click on Order -> Order Tracking u would come to know which individual line is coming as result of which demand. That shud explain why there r 2 orders. :)
    This functionality is at Functions -> Order Tracking.
    Sorry, it doesn't apply in this case since Order Tracking isn't being used, and I already know where the demand is coming from.

Adam:
    Hopefully I can re-word my issue -

Of course, we expect two lines in the Requisition Worksheet and later in the Purchase Line table because there is two different items, (e.g., an apple and an orange). My apple and orange are purchased from the same vendor, both drop shipped, and will be sent to the same customer on the same Sales Order. They are both shipped out of the RED warehouse, even though the customer usually gets the products from my BLUE warehouse.
    Between me and my vendor, it's more convenient to have a single Purchase Order that encompasses both the apple and orange. The only part that is strange for him is that the driver is going to the RED warehouse to deliver.
    Why is NAV forcing two Purchase Orders when one can suffice, and it ONLY forces this when "Sales Header"."Location Code" <> "Sales Line"."Location Code" ??
    The frustrating part about this is that I can create a single Purchase Order and use Order > Drop Shipment > Get Sales Order to make it work.

Here is my Sales Order setup:
  • Mike_ESPMike_ESP Member Posts: 7
    Update: According to Microsoft, this only occurs in the North American version, so they believe I have a valid bug.
    A hotfix is in the works, I'll post a link up once I hear more. \:D/