Add dimension to sales orders

JosetxoJosetxo Member Posts: 92
Hello,

We have purchased the dimensions granule in NAV, so we have more dimenscions than the 2 global dimensions that came originally.

We would like to add a third dimension to the sales orders, and propagate it to the Sales Lines, Delivery Notes, and invoices. We have already set up the dimension in the dimensions table.

Which should be the next steps?:

- Do I need to manually add the 3rd dimension field to every table on which I want the dimension to be?
- Is the dimension value automatically propagated to these fields on the tables?

Thanks in advance,
Josetxo

Answers

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    What is this dimension based on.

If it is a sales oriented dimensions is it going to be based on Customer or the items?

You should assign the dimension to the relevant entity and then it will be transfered to the document in question.

What version of NAV are you in?
  • JosetxoJosetxo Member Posts: 92
    Hello jannestig,

the dimension is based on the type of project our items are installed in. So it does not belong to the type of customer, nor to the type of item: it is related to the order.
    The NAV version is 4.00.

So, simply adding the dimension to the sales header order would do the job?

Thanks,
    Josetxo
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Yes pretty much.

depending upon your version of NAV. If you are using the jobs granule you would setup the project code or dimension against the job code.

Since it seems like your on an older version you are probably better off with a manual insertion espically if your customers may have potentially more then 1 project going.

You could add some more control in to make sure that a job dimension value is added. Or you may even want to create a new No series for JOB sales documents and add code to make sure thi dimension is added etc.
  • JosetxoJosetxo Member Posts: 92
    Thank you very much jannestig. I'll set it up that way.

Regards,
    Josetxo