Problem with advance payments on NAV 5.0 sp1 Feature pack 1

bstoyanobstoyano Member Posts: 134
Hi experts,

I am using NAV 5.0 sp1 BG feature pack 1. I try to use advance payments. When I issue an Advance Invoice, the amount in it is just the VAT.

E.g. the Original order is for total 1000 euro and VAT is 200 euro (VAT is 20%). I want to use advance payment. I set the advance percentage to 30 (in the sales order header). The Advance Invoice should be total 300 euro + VAT 60 euro. However, when I issue the Advance Invoice the total is 0 and the VAT is 60 euro. On the other hand when I post the final invoice I have the following:

Total: 1000
VAT Amount: -160
Total incl. VAT: 840

I would appreciate any comments on the above. How come the VAT is negative for this invoice?
Boris
Please, do not frighten the ostrich,
the floor is concrete.

Answers

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Assuming you mean prepayments or is this an add-on?

What did the Statistics tab on the original order say for the prepayments tab? did it show the correct amount there or is it only on the invoice ?

Sounds like something didn't update correctly on the prepayment lines or the order
  • bstoyanobstoyano Member Posts: 134
    Advances is functionality added with feature pack 1 for eastern europe (there is a special document Microsoft Dynamics™ NAV 5.0 SP1 Feature Pack 1 Release Note for Bulgaria, describing it). Generally, advances is a type of prepayment, i.e. I have two type of prepayments - 1. prepayment, and 2. advances.

On the prepayment tab of the original sales order the prepaid advance is shown correctly.
    Boris
    the floor is concrete.
    Did you try the same thing in a bulgarian Cronus database to see if it occurs there?

IS this happening for all customers etc or is it only happening on 1 order or customer
    I tried only in Bulgarian Cronus Database with different clients. I am not sure this functionality will work with a standard base
    Boris
    the floor is concrete.
    Can you add more information to that ?

What were your results in the bulgairian cronus "assuming it has the feature pack installed as well"

https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource ... ropeFPack1

What do you mean this does not work on a standard platform ?

I had a look at the release notes and it seems straight forward enough.
  • rolands_vecvanagsrolands_vecvanags Member Posts: 3
    We are using this function of prepayments here in Latvia.
    "Advance" type of prepayment functionality means that we are posting the VAT as credit to the state treasury when we receive the advance payment from the customer. VAT will be posted as debit to the treasury, if we are paying to the Vendor some amount as "Advance". It should work this way, as You described above.
    When Company prepares the invoice to the customer, the VAT invoice from the advance payment will be corrected to avoid duplicate VAT postings. The same is for the Vendor's invoice - when you post the real invoice, the VAT invoice from the advance will be corrected.

You could read the details of these functions from the document "NAV50SP1FeaturePack1forLatvia.pdf" which is delivered with the Future pack 1 (look at the page 58 in the document).

best regards
    Hi,

It occurs this is a known bug. The problem and the solution are described here:

https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase ... QNWMNKROYV

Regards,
    Boris
    the floor is concrete.