New sales invoice in Navision

akhileshekakhileshek Member Posts: 28
edited 2009-11-23 in Navision Financials
hi

i need to create new sales invoice in Navision ,In the existing software the clint entering the data in single line. In their system eatch item have 4 sizes and the unit cost for eatch size is same

they need to enter the data in single line . if we are using the dafault salse invoice in navision then they need to enter 3 extera entry in every time :roll: . is it possible to create the sale invoice like the exsisting system..? #-o

pls refer the exsisting software screen shot

Comments

• kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    I would suggest to let them use the standard way. If they are trained correctly then this should only add a couple of seconds to their workload.

But if you really need this then you could do it. If by sizes you are referring to Variants then you could create some type of template that contains the default values and write some code to automatically fill in as many lines as you find in the template with default values you get from Item / Variant / Other setup table.

I would try to avoid this though...
  • akhileshekakhileshek Member Posts: 28
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Do you really use Navision Financials? Version <= 2.6 ?

If yes, use the option with the variants.

If no, take a look to the "Standard Customer Sales Codes" (table 172).
    This is a table where you can define "Sales Lines" for that code. A customer can have N "Sales Codes". Also you can use here the Variants if a Item has x Variants.

On the Sales Invoice or Order u select the Function "Get Std. Cust. Sales Codes".

Maybe is it also an option for u, that u create this functionality in the customer Financials database.

regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    akhileshek wrote:
    hi

i need to create new sales invoice in Navision ,In the existing software the clint entering the data in single line. In their system eatch item have 4 sizes and the unit cost for eatch size is same

they need to enter the data in single line . if we are using the dafault salse invoice in navision then they need to enter 3 extera entry in every time :roll: . is it possible to create the sale invoice like the exsisting system..? #-o

pls refer the exsisting software screen shot

akhileshek. Its alraedy been said, but I will say it again.

DO NOT DO THIS.

Ask your customer why they bough Navision. If they want to do it the old way, then the best solution is to go back to the old system.
    David Singleton
  • akhileshekakhileshek Member Posts: 28
    no sir ..

new system must be easier or equal to older system otherwise customer will not use new system,Its not the customer's problem

its a natural fact .... ](*,) ](*,)

we need to give a correct solution....

thanks
    regards
    akhilesh
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    I have a customer that installed Nav to replace his old In-House made COBOL system.

We had a lot of complaints that user were loosing "precious seconds" when inserting data.

After explaining the pros and cons the customer realized that the best (and Only) solution was to train his users correctly.

Imaging if you have to change every functionality in Nav to resemble the old system.

Either accept Nav's way or stick with the old system.

By the way. I don't know what type of user you are (end-user,partnar employee,free lancer).

But would you bare the cost of implementing all these requirements?
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    if it is a new system, why do u use financials? Or is it Dynamics NAV 4 / 5 / 6 :?:

And a other question: How do you teach the customer?
    Do you make it right, it works too!