VAT CALCULATION

srinictsrinict Member Posts: 58
Dear Experts,

I have to calculate the Vat, based on the structure. After selecting the Structure if we click the f9 or functions -> Calculate structure values the vat calculations will be done. At that time its calcuating the vat amount but its not showing in the Tax Amount field of the Purchase Order Statistics(form). Can any one please let me, how can i get these things and it should update my purchase line tax amount filed also.

For example
Structure is VAT12.5, and my purchase line quantity is 10 and the line amount is 1000.
Now i clicked on f9 then it should show me in Purchase Order Statistics(form) like

Amoumt Excl. VAT 1000.00
Total Excl. VAT 1000.00
Tax Amount 125.00
Net Toal 1125.00

Note : If i go for the sales tax then the tax amount is comming.

Any one has solution, please let me know

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Srinivas

Answers

• rajatkaliarajatkalia Member Posts: 65
    Dear Srini

In the PO statistics system shows the way u wanted.
    Amoumt Excl. VAT 1000.00
    Total Excl. VAT 1000.00
    Tax Amount 125.00
    Net Toal 1125.00

u need to define TAx group, Tax Jurisdiction - For it put Tax Type = VAT, Make a Tax Detail and specify teh Tax %, Make Tax Area Location

Specify Tax Area code for Vendor and Tax Group code for Item.

Make a PO and select Structure and then click statistics.

Regards,
    Rajat.
  • srinictsrinict Member Posts: 58
    Dear Rajat,

Thanks a lot for your reply and solution. I have solved my problem.

I really got Surprised when you call me as Srini, because my colleagues will call me like that

only. If I am not wrong you are from Karnataka.

Regards,
    Srinivas
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    srinict wrote:
    Dear Experts,

I have to calculate the Vat, based on the structure. After selecting the Structure if we click the f9 or functions -> Calculate structure values the vat calculations will be done. At that time its calcuating the vat amount but its not showing in the Tax Amount field of the Purchase Order Statistics(form). Can any one please let me, how can i get these things and it should update my purchase line tax amount filed also.

For example
    Structure is VAT12.5, and my purchase line quantity is 10 and the line amount is 1000.
    Now i clicked on f9 then it should show me in Purchase Order Statistics(form) like

Amoumt Excl. VAT 1000.00
    Total Excl. VAT 1000.00
    Tax Amount 125.00
    Net Toal 1125.00

Note : If i go for the sales tax then the tax amount is comming.

Any one has solution, please let me know

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
    Srinivas

I guess you are not using VAT Business Posting Group and VAT Product Posting Group.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • rajatkaliarajatkalia Member Posts: 65
    using VAT through sales tax setup.

Regards,
    Rajat.