How do i know which shortcut dimension is Project Code?

yukonyukon Member Posts: 361
Hi Expert,

How do i know which shortcut dimension is project code?
Sales Order/Purch Order has Project Code dimension.

User want to see project code dimension on report. If i fixed shortcut dimension 1 is project code, that result is correct for one company other is wrong. Because of they have 1 or more companies and use different shortcut dimension.

Please, help to me, how to know it? :?

I modify at R202 and R402.

Best Regards,
Yukon.
Make Simple & Easy

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You need to create setup for that. Add field like "Project Dimension Code" to some setup table and use the selected dim. code in your reports.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • yukonyukon Member Posts: 361
    Hi kine,

Thank. But any other way ..?

Regards,
    Yukon
    Make Simple & Easy
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    yukon wrote:
    Hi kine,

Thank. But any other way ..?

Regards,
    Yukon

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
    David Singleton
    Hi David Singleton,

Thx 4 ur read. But don't do that... ](*,)

I will close this case. :D

Regards,
    Yukon
    Make Simple & Easy
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    Can't you add a new dataitem based on Document Dimension or Posted Document Dimension and let the user select the code?
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Yeah, don't bash your head against a wall :D It's not unreasonable to ask for multiple solutions to a question. All we can do is suggest solutions and recommend the best one to use.

Like in this one a few days ago: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=38289 that we both helped on.

There were good solutions and bad solutions, but you only learn the difference by seeing them and discussing them. In this case the original suggestion is probably the best one, but a beginner (assuming Yukon is based on number of posts) wouldn't know that.

In this case you could also change the dimensions in the companies. If they are using the same types of dimensions and are in the same database, you could move towards consistency across all of the companies. So in every company, Dim 1 is project and Dim 2 is something else. No code, could take a while to process depending on the size of the database, and a good solution if the business agrees to it.
    Hi matttrax,

Thx 4 your and your fris reply. Everything is useful for me.
    So in every company, Dim 1 is project and Dim 2 is something else. No code, could take a while to process depending on the size of the database, and a good solution if the business agrees to it.

Now i agreed with customer. Like your sugg:. (Dim 1 for Project Code).

In this case ...

I think we have no choice. 1st thing we should follow "kine" sugg: other way we can read from "Doc Dimension". But it will be hard code.

Best Regards,
    Yukon
    Make Simple & Easy
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    yukon wrote:
    But it will be hard code.

Avoid hard coding whenever possible, which is 100% of the time :lol: