I done a report in classic,why can't run in RTC?

misyunmisyun Member Posts: 11
edited 2009-11-20 in NAV Three Tier
I done a report in classic,it run ok in classic,but when i run it in RTC, the error appear:"The metadata of report 50105 is invalid. See Event Viewer for more details",why? who can help me? thanks very much!

Comments

• bstapyltonbstapylton Member Posts: 34
    Try compiling the report again, and then stopping/starting the service:

"Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server", and then start it again.
  • misyunmisyun Member Posts: 11
    bstapylton wrote:
    Try compiling the report again, and then stopping/starting the service:

"Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server", and then start it again.
    I have compiled it and restart the server,but it can't run yet
    Go to your EventViewer and see what event is logged at the time that you attempt to open the report. It might give you a clue.
    edited 2009-11-17
    bstapylton wrote:
    Go to your EventViewer and see what event is logged at the time that you attempt to open the report. It might give you a clue.
    The only thing I can see that differs between your label 1000000000 is that the others have a "DataSetFieldName=" at the end and yours does not?

But if that were required, you would see something erroneous when you compile I would think.

I'm really not an expert at this so better to wait for someone more knowledgeable to have a look. I am just stating what seems obvious to me.
    bstapylton wrote:
    The only thing I can see that differs between your label 1000000000 is that the others have a "DataSetFieldName=" at the end and yours does not?

But if that were required, you would see something erroneous when you compile I would think.

I'm really not an expert at this so better to wait for someone more knowledgeable to have a look. I am just stating what seems obvious to me.

OK,Thanks a lot
  • lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    Hi,

Reading this post some questions come to mind:
      What version of NAV2009 are you on?
      The error mentions REP50105, but your code concerns REP50070? So are we discussing the right reports?
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    metadata invalid :-k
    try to open the RTC client, check that it is reading the right database.
    if yes, check that dataportfieldname...if you have a rdlc layout, open it and try to resave and recompile.
    if you don't have/need rdlc layout, do a tools, delete layout (this will delete the rdlc layout, if you have one). and then save.
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
    I have resolve it, type CaptionML "ENU" and "CHS", my version is nav 2009 sp1
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    and what was the textbox/label where you typed these captions? the one without datasetfieldname?
    thanks for sharing, anyway
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • danlindstromdanlindstrom Member Posts: 130
    misyun wrote:
    I done a report in classic,it run ok in classic,but when i run it in RTC, the error appear:"The metadata of report 50105 is invalid. See Event Viewer for more details",why? who can help me? thanks very much!
    To run reports in RTC you must design the layout in VisualStudio, have this been done?
    Classic don't have this demand
    Regards
    Dan Lindström
    NCSD Navision 2.00 since 1999 (Navision Certified Solution Developer)
    MBSP Developer for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009