How to use production flushing method with tracking code?

xina_manxina_man Member Posts: 116
Hello!

I'm having an issue trying to use the Flushing Method in Navison.
Our customer uses Lot No. tracking code for all of their manufactured items. Until now they were using manual Flushing Method but now they want to use forward flushing method.
Now every time that they try to refresh a Production Order, the systems pop's up the following error message

Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision
Lot Number is required for Item *******.
OK

Does anyone know how can I solve this issue?
Thaks in advance!

xina_man

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    As standard you can only use manual flushing method (not sure if this has changed in 2009) with tracked items because of the business process of picking a lot/serial number and telling teh system what has been used, you can imagine the traceability issues you have if you start auto flushing and use other items. There is no solution to this except modifications.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • xina_manxina_man Member Posts: 116
    Thank you for your answer, but I don’t think that there is no solution! Everything has a solution (or work around)

This is my idea, what do you think about it?

Every time we create a new Prod. Order, Navision could check the availability for the items we need on the inbound production bin code and assign them tracking codes to the Prod. Order. After we register the output journal, it would use that information to post the consumption journal, using the available Lot No./Serial No. If there is no available quantity in the Inbound production bin code, It could automatically create a warehouse reclassification journal, in order to move the items to the inbound bin code.

Thanks in advance!
    xina_man
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    xina_man wrote:
    Thank you for your answer, but I don’t think that there is no solution! Everything has a solution (or work around)

This is my idea, what do you think about it?

Every time we create a new Prod. Order, Navision could check the availability for the items we need on the inbound production bin code and assign them tracking codes to the Prod. Order. After we register the output journal, it would use that information to post the consumption journal, using the available Lot No./Serial No. If there is no available quantity in the Inbound production bin code, It could automatically create a warehouse reclassification journal, in order to move the items to the inbound bin code.

Thanks in advance!
    xina_man

Then what is the point of tracking numbers and locations. You might as well just turn them off as write code to ignore them. ](*,)
    David Singleton
  • xina_manxina_man Member Posts: 116

Then what is the point of tracking numbers and locations. You might as well just turn them off as write code to ignore them. ](*,)
    Hi there!

The point is that this company works for Automotive Industry, and they must use lot No. tracking codes and FIFO as well...
    So they must use the oldest lot no. available in stock for production. The oldest lot ist the one that i want to pick to the inbound Bin Code.
    Am I missing something?

I'm using FIFO for the shipments and now I want to use it for the production.

Cumprimentos
    Ricardo Gonçalves