Options

Receive excess qty

getegete Member Posts: 76
Hi,

I have a problem in wharehouse receipt, sometimes we have to receive more qty than whe have enter in the purchase order (for exemple, we purshase a truck of one product 33000Kg but the vendor can't send exactly le qty sometime we have less and sometimes we have more)

That client is not ready to amend the purchase order for excess qty.

In nav we can't receive more that we purchase do you have a solution for this problem?

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Options
    tewariankurtewariankur Member Posts: 8
    Hi..

What we can do is we can create a new field on the Item master as Tolerance %. Depending upon this tolerance % we can amend the PO as well as Whse receipt qty through code and the issue gets easily resolved.

Regards,

Ankur
    Thanks and Regards,
    Ankur Tewari
    MS Dynamics Technical Consultant
  • Options
    edited 2009-11-16
    Thanks for the reply,

Client does not want to amend the purchase order and warehouse receipt order .

Because that Rawmaterial always not match with Purchase order .

It is large company , they will receive the mateial in large quantity against many purchase orders , 90 % purchase orders not match with supplier delivery challans.( because of excess qty)

Thanks and regards
  • Options
    vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    Hi,
    you can do it but it would be against of nav standard rules.
    according to standard nav, outsatnding qty field in warehouse recpt does show remaining qty for that same order. this is only restriction from nav becoz in general scenerio it doesn't happen but even do u want then check the Quantity to recv. field in 7317 table here you can ignore it.
  • Options
    Thanks Vijay,

Could u explain in detail how it is possible.
  • Options
    vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    i m trying to solve it an local system.

wait for experts reply
  • Options
    ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    By default NAV does not have a tolerance and it is for good reasons. The client should go for a BPR (Business Process Reengineering) to match to the NAV concept and not change NAV according to its process.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • Options
    Thanks Sandeep,

when it comes our client there is no alternative way to escape from this.

so could u provide any light on this .

experts share about this ............. ](*,)
  • Options
    ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Modification of the PO is the only option that I provide and despite having numerous request for tolerance in PO quantity, I have never customize it.
    You need to convince the client regarding the process and work as per NAV standards.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in