Navision support - how many users??

roshiniroshini Member Posts: 122
Hello Nav Experts!

Can I know Navision can support upto how many users?? , will Navision support 600 users??

Comments

• kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    I have done maximum 160, I don't think more than 200 it can, probably I am wrong on my later comment. But if somebody confirms that it can be done. U need a very experienced team (with good experience) and out of the world kind of hardware.
    Kapil Khanna
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Definitely you need a good support team, don't try it your self for the first time, and don't promise it to your client untill you are sure you have that team.

Hardware needs to be good, but not "out of this world" Navision gets to a point where hardware can no longer help.
    David Singleton
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Yeap david is pretty much the bible on this area,

Will all users be in one company and what is their tansaction throughout likely to be.

You can look up gamestop for a reference to site with a huge amount of users.

Though with 2009 it would be interesting to see how NAV performs with 200 users performing a decent level of data processing using RTC/classic
  • genericgeneric Member Posts: 511
    Ask Microsoft.
    They probably will say 50 users.
    I believe a while ago they mentioned that and partners were screaming that it's not the case.

The bottle neck isn't really number of users, but transaction volume as well.
    The main problem with Nav is locking during posting of transactions. If each posting takes about 20 seconds, then you can post about 180 orders per hour.

Of course you can improve the numbers with modifications, but it requires as people mentioned above skilled people with experience. To which I would ask, doesn't MS have skilled people to make the product handle more users from the base product?
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    We're at 155 users. Over the past five years we've had an average of 3500 G/L Entries and 90 Sales Order per day. This is on 3.7 (but hopefully soon not to be).
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Was speaking to a partner, and they have a customer reference using NAV with 550 users.

Speak with Scott Frappier at www.symbiantsolutions.com.