Upgrading Executables from NAV 2009 to NAV 2009 SPI

jwilderjwilder Member Posts: 263
When upgrading exectuables from NAV 2009 to NAV 2009 SPI I get the following error:

The following SQL Server error or errors occurred:
1038,"42000",[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Drive][SQL Server]An object or columnname is missing or empty. For SELECT INTO statements, verify each column has a name. For other statements etc....

Also at the bottom it said:
CREATE USER[] FOR LOGIN[]

The fix for this is to (in NAV) go to Tools, Security, Windows Logins and remove and logins that are no longer associated with a name (usually a filter of S-* with show these).

Also though I had to remove a user called BUILTIN\BUILTIN. Where does this user come from? Once I removed it I could no longer add it back (no that I wanted to). Hopefully this user doesn't do something important that I don't know about.

Comments

• Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    S-* accounts are SIDs of user account which are not recognized in your AD environment.

It normally happens when you restore database from different environments. You cannot synchonize security with such accounts because they simpy do not exist in your current environment, so NAV cannot convert back SID into user name, hence CREATE USER[] FOR LOGIN[] statemet is executed (at least tried).

BUILTIN\BUILTIN could be from BUILTIN\BUILTIN Administrator user, which is local Administrator user account (local on the machine where backup was taken). Again - this account is also defined by its SID, which is installation-dependent, however a part of Administrator SID is 'well known' (ends with -500), so perhaps it is the reason for displaying BUILTIN\BUILTIN instead of some S-* stuff.

Regards,
    Slawek
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03