Finsql.exe client crashes when printing

northernernortherner Member Posts: 67
Hi

We have upgraded to NAV 2009 SP1 using the classic client (build 6.00.29626). Some users are reporting that Navision crashes when they print reports - usually the (customised) sales invoice. The crashes are inconsistent and can't be reliably replicated - in some invoices runs (printing each invoice individually) the client does not crash, in others it crashes multiple times.

Windows error reporting suggested upgrading Windows XP to the most recent service pack on one user's pc (they were already on SP2, so I upgraded them to SP3), but this hasn't fixed the problem. The data collected by the error reporting was:
Information file prepared 11/13/2009 10:58:06 UTC

Error Class=Exception
Program=Dynamics NAV Classic (6.0.29626.0)
Operating System=Windows XP (5.1.2600)
Total Physical memory=894MB
Used Virtual Memory=143MB
System Locale=1033
User Locale=2057
Global Language=2057
Code Pages=ANSI 1252 OEM 437

Server Connected=10.0.0.4 (10.0.2531)
Database Open=WL Live (Compatibility 100)
Windows Authentication=Yes
Client/Server Version No=150
Database Collation=Latin1_General_100_CI_AS
Diagnostics=0

An entry is written to the event log whenever the client crashes, but this doesn't contain much information (The description for event id... cannot be found. The following information is part of the event: finsql.exe 6.0.29626, 4a849a75, user32.dll, 5.1.2600.2180, 411096b8, 0, 000102c8.).

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    I have the problem with NAV2009 (without SP1) and maybe they are related.
    When printing, sometimes the client just shuts down without any error-message. I have the feeling that on closing of the report, NAV goes nuts because it does not clear correctly other objects that are in use in your report.

1)I found some workarounds: it is possible you are using some other objects in your report.
    In the OnPostReport-trigger of your report, do a CLEAR of all those objects.

2)An even weirder workaround: Put an ERROR(''); in the OnPostReport-trigger. I used this trick on a "ProcessingOnly"-report and it fixed the problem.
    It can create other problems though:
    -you cannot run the report anymore from another object when after this report is run some other code. (the ERROR blocks all)
    -I don't know what will happen with printing report : will they print or not? I do not know.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!