Job Invoice

miguelferreira78miguelferreira78 Member Posts: 11
Hi,

As all know in NAV 5.0 i can only invoice planning lines from a Job.

Is there any way for me to create an Invoice, with a line type G/L Account, and assign a Job Number, making a entry in the Job Ledger Entry table, for that movement?

For default, in NAV 5.0 when I assign the Job No, and the Job Task No, I don’t get a entry in Job Ledger Entry. Only if the Job Contract Entry No is filled. But for the Job Contract Entry No be filled I need to have a job planning line, which is what I don’t want to have.
Can anyone help me?

Best Regards.

Comments

• kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    Create a Job, a Job Task number. Pick this data on Job Journal select type as G/L and post it. This will create Job Ledger Entry now this ledger entry can be transferred to planning lines which will cut down ur process of "Creating" planning lines which I assume would be an issue at ur client site. Let them post then transfer from JLE to planning lines is default functionality.
    Kapil Khanna
  • Par_AkerblomPar_Akerblom Member Posts: 10
    Why don't you want a Job Planning Line? I.e. what is the problem to first create a Job Planning Line and create a Sales Invoice based on that? Is it the extra stpes involved that you want to avoid or is there any other reason for this?
  • miguelferreira78miguelferreira78 Member Posts: 11
    Why don't you want a Job Planning Line? I.e. what is the problem to first create a Job Planning Line and create a Sales Invoice based on that? Is it the extra stpes involved that you want to avoid or is there any other reason for this?

I want to avoid the step of creating a Job Planning Line, because this will be a automatic process, using a third party interface with Dynamics NAV.
  • miguelferreira78miguelferreira78 Member Posts: 11
    Create a Job, a Job Task number. Pick this data on Job Journal select type as G/L and post it. This will create Job Ledger Entry now this ledger entry can be transferred to planning lines which will cut down ur process of "Creating" planning lines which I assume would be an issue at ur client site. Let them post then transfer from JLE to planning lines is default functionality.

I already tried that, and it works in a Job Journal, the strange part of this, is that if you use a Sales Line, this doesn't work. No entries in JLE.
    Maybe there's a bug Dynamics NAV bug....
  • Par_AkerblomPar_Akerblom Member Posts: 10
    The design in 5.0 and in 2009 only allows creating Job Sales Lines related to a job by transferring Job Planning Lines with a Line Type that include Contract to Sales. When posting a Sales Invoice with lines transferred from Job, Job Ledger Entries of Type Sale will be created. The Job Planning Line can be created by defining a Line Type including Contract when usage is posted or be manually created in Job Planning Lines. For Type G/L Account it is not required to first use/consume for the Job as it is for Type Item and G/L Account.