Closing Forms in Version 6 SP1 classic client

macamaca Member Posts: 6
Twice today I have had to go into Task manager to close Navision because I could not get out of a form, the error message kept coming up (1 in a developed area the other in standard Nav).

So does anyone know how to close forms now the 'Close anyway' option does not come up?

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    This can happen if you put code that blocks the closing of a form.
    OR when you have a lot of forms open and something like:

Form A opens form B that opens form C that open forms D.
    You are on form A and try to close it. NAV refuses.
    To solve it : use CTRL+TAB to cycle your forms and hit ESC to close it. If it does work, select another form. You need to find form D and first close this form.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• macamaca Member Posts: 6
    Hi Thanks for the reply,

just checked before replying in case I was going mad.

What I'm trying to get at is version 6 sp1 classic works different to version 6 classic

try

Cash receipt journal (making sure no other forms are open) choose a customer which has no ledger entries (say a new customer making a payment on account) then drill down on the applies to id field, in version 6 SP1, you will not be able to close that form, where in version 6 it closes.

Have not tried elsewhere so maybe it's just a bug introduced with this version!!
    Are you sure there are no customizations on the objects (or if they have the same customizations)?
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Actually I tried the scenario described below and found it to be true.

It is locked by the message "customer ledger entry entry no. "0" does not exist".

I can ger out of this by removeing the filters via show all, then when i go back to do this it allows me to escape without having to remove the filters again. However if i close NAV and login to do the same thing again i get the same message. click x hoping to get the "close window anyway" message doesn't help as its locked by a Find statement

CustLedgEntry := Rec;
    CustLedgEntry.LOCKTABLE;
    CustLedgEntry.FIND;

I tried the same in 5.1 with no issues , all done in cronus.
    And did you try clicking away the "customer ledger entry entry no. "0" does not exist"-message?
    This should liberate all.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion