Adjust Entry Problem

vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
I m using NAV 4.0 SQL.We have 1 Finished Item (say, FG00001), we put its opening on 31st March 2009 (Quantity:- 4000),after that We sold that item lot of times(Means, many transactions of sale) without any variant (at That time Automatic Costing is tick,Expect costing Post to GL also tick, Automatic cost adjustment is always and Average Cost Calc. type is Item) at this time all entries are adjusting correctly (means remaining Quantity of Sales entries in Item Ledger Entry Table is Zero) and everything was fine,but after 4 months we have created variant of that Finished Item (FG00001) (but not SKU), because Manufacturing module started at that time.We have done ouput entries of this Finished Item by creating Released Production order.Now we have enough inventory of this Finished Item variant wise but not with blank (means, nothing) variant code. Now we have changed Average Cost Calc. type is Item & Location & Variant and all other setups are same.Now when I m running Adjust Item cost Entries Batch Job (by untick Cost Adjusted field of that Finished Item), it is not adjusting those previous sales Entries(Means remaining quantity of some sales Entries are not zero,Sales entries which were before output entries).But now When we r selling that Finished Item with variant code then this sales entries are adjusting).I know the reason y it is not adjusting those previous sales Entries, because we have applied its(Finished Item) variant.Can anybody tell me how those previous sales entries can be adjusted
(which were done before putting Variant code on Finished Item)?
Vikram Dabas
Navision Technical Consultant

Comments

• KowaKowa Member Posts: 923
    What costing method are you using ? Manufactured items are usually set to "Standard", in this case the "Average Cost Calc. type" has no effect.

You also need to check "Applied Entry to Adjust" in all positive Item Ledger Entries to retrigger the cost adjustment for the applied negative Item Ledger Entries. This will compare the cost flow and generate new adjustment value entries where necessary when the "Adjust Cost - Item Entries" Batch report is run. (do this in a test environment first :wink: )
    Kai Kowalewski
  • vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
    Dear
    Costing method is FIFO.
    Vikram Dabas
  • vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
    "Applied Entry to Adjust" is tick on Postive entries in ILE(ID 32).What I have to do with this do untick or something else?
    Vikram Dabas