Components used report

aiscientificaiscientific Member Posts: 3
Hi,

We're looking to print a report showing the components used in a production work order.

Not the BOM, but the actual components consumed by the production work order as a permanent Quality record.

How do we go about this? Does anyone have a report that does this? Is this report standard?

I realise the ILE can be filtered by Doc number to achieve this, but the product we need this report for has multiple sub-assemblies over approximately 5 levels including approximately 4000 line items. It would be very time consuming to manually copy the ledger entries for each production order.

Thanks in advance for your time and suggestions.

Comments

• damirdamir Member Posts: 28
    You can try filtering ILE on "Prod. Order No." field if you want to get consumption for specific production order.

If you want to get components used in manufacturing specific item you can filter by "Source No." field.

Hope this helps,
    Damir
  • aiscientificaiscientific Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the suggestion, but we're looking to get the complete work order.
    The Source number and Production Order Number only work for that level of the work order.

The complete assembly consists of approximately 50-70 sub-assemblies, so it's VERY time consuming to manually filter the ILE's for each Production Work Order.

What we're looking for is the same detail as shown in the Quantity Explosion of BOM report (Report 99000753), with the ILE entry Number added, for a specific upper level production order.

IE. Show the sub-assemblies and the components used in those sub-assemblies as well.

For Example:

Assembly
    Part
    Part
    Part
    Sub-Assembly 1
    Part
    Part
    Part
    Sub-Sub-Assembly 1
    Part
    Part
    Sub-Assembly 2
    Part
    Part

I should also mention we're running 3.70B, with (I believe) the latest service packs installed.

Thanks for your time.
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Pretty sure you will need to write this report yourself.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen