Changing report used to print General Journal Test Report

darrinkatzdarrinkatz Member Posts: 24
Hi everyone,

Would you please point out how to change the report used by General Ledger -> General Journals -> Posting -> Test Report? Currently "Report 2 General Journal - Test" is used and I would like to change it to a different report object.

I would like to be able to answer these questions on my own in the future. Where is this information documented?

Thank you very sincerely for your time,
Darrin

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    That's set up in the Journal Template
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    You can change the default report on test reports on table 80.
    Well regular users wouldn't open table 80 directly. They would open the "Journal Templates" form from the administration menu, and I'm sure it's also available somewhere in financial management. The report is set up in the "Test Report ID" field, which is not visible by default.
  • darrinkatzdarrinkatz Member Posts: 24
    DenSter wrote:
    That's set up in the Journal Template

Daniel,

Thanks for your reply. I am unfortunately having trouble making this change.

I have gone to Administration -> Application Setup -> Financial Management -> General -> Journal Templates, however I do not see where I can select a report object for the General Journal.

I have also gone to Administration -> Application Setup -> Financial Management -> FA Journal Templates, however I am not able to add any entries to this table.

Could you please show me how to find the table you are referring to?

Thanks!
    Alex Chow wrote:
    You can change the default report on test reports on table 80.

Hi Alex,

By going to the Object Designer I was able to find Table 80 and make this change. Where would I have found this information in the documentation?

Thanks again,
    Darrin
    darrinkatz wrote:
    I have gone to Administration -> Application Setup -> Financial Management -> General -> Journal Templates, however I do not see where I can select a report object for the General Journal.
    As I said before:
    DenSter wrote:
    open the "Journal Templates" form from the administration menu, and I'm sure it's also available somewhere in financial management. The report is set up in the "Test Report ID" field, which is not visible by default.
    To make fields visible in a form in the Classic Client, right click the column header and select 'show column...', put a checkmark by the field and click OK.

By the way, table 80 is the base table for the "Journal Templates" form. You are looking at the same data whether you open the table directly (not supposed to do this as a regular user) or using the form (which is the recommended way for regular users to use the system).
  • darrinkatzdarrinkatz Member Posts: 24
    DenSter wrote:
    To make fields visible in a form in the Classic Client, right click the column header and select 'show column...', put a checkmark by the field and click OK.

By the way, table 80 is the base table for the "Journal Templates" form. You are looking at the same data whether you open the table directly (not supposed to do this as a regular user) or using the form (which is the recommended way for regular users to use the system).

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for this. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

Regards,
    Darrin
    You're welcome Darrin, always glad to help out :mrgreen: