Options

TCP/IP error ECONNREFUSED

harshaharsha Member Posts: 3
edited 2009-11-10 in SQL General
Hi,

I am new to NAV and i am getting the error message "The TCP/IP connection's 'host' is not answering (TCP/IP error ECONNREFUSED).You can see how to make changes to your 'hosts' and 'services' files in the documentation for the network. Contact your system manager if you need assistance." on trying to connect NAV 6 Classic client to SQL server even in the same system.

I have checked that TCP/IP and Named Pipes are enabled in the SQL configuration Manager...also there is no problem with the systems network connection. I have also checked that the firewall is off and UAC is also disabled. Can someone pls help me with this

Thank you,
Harsha

Comments

• Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    and....are you opening a sql database with a classic client (not sql option)?
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    It shouldn't ask for any hosts or services files when connecting to SQL Server. Are you trying to connect to your SQL Server with the regular classic client? Use the one that says something like "Microsoft Dynamics NAV with SQL Server". The exe you need is in the NAV installation folder and is called 'finsql.exe', as opposed to the regular NAV classic client, which is called 'fin.exe'.
  • Options
    harshaharsha Member Posts: 3
    Daniel,

Thank you very much for the reply. I will do what you have suggested.

You are right I am trying to connect to "Microsoft Dynamics NAV with SQL Server" using the NAV Classic Client.

The version of NAV I have is NAV 6 (2009).

I am deploying NAV on a Test Domain to check that everything works ok before deploying it in the Real time Domain for actual usage.

Our Proposed Environment: (Subject to change if it is not feasible)
    Our Deployment will have one Order Processor who will have administrative rights and the other will be users who just 'submit' the orders into NAV, so I thought that the environment i should setup must have "Microsoft Dynamics NAV with SQL Server" on one system and Classic Client on all the other systems.

I have not used NAV before so I have a few questions. Can you kindly help me with these:

1. Will it work in this setup? (Currently I am experiencing problems with this kind of a setup)

2. Can we connect to SQL database of NAV on System A only from "Microsoft Dynamics NAV with SQL Server" on System B?

3. For the connections on Query 1 and 2 above is it necessary to have SQL server on System B,c etc in order to be able to connect to SQL database of NAV on system A?

4. Would it be possible to let me know how NAV is deployed in other Customer Environments?

I know I am asking a lot of questions :oops: but it would be very helpful for me if u can help me with these.

Regards,
    Harsha
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    I think you should contact your NAV partner and ask them for help, I am sure they will be happy to provide you with the proper training.