Options

printing issues with 3.70

orbitalsalmonorbitalsalmon Member Posts: 33
There are some instances where users will use the "POST & PRINT" function, but nothing will print. Post is successful, and there are no printing error messages whatsoever.

This has happened to one of our remote users on the VPN - he can post/print item journals, but no printout. The other remote users do not have this problem on their computers.

Now we have a local user who is doing POST/PRINT on purchase journal, but same issue, there is no printout.

It is *not* login-specific. We tried multiple logins on the same computer using post/print function and still no printout. All other modules print successfully.

Anyone have a clue? :shock:

Comments

• Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    i see on the customersource site many articles about "Post & Print - not printing" but they all refer to Navision 3.6 not 3.7.

regarding post N print on revaluation journals, deposits, cash receipts, g/l journals etc etc.

one solution was improvement 21 others are as follows (using g/l as an example).

To resolve this issue, you must:

1. Open the G/L Register report (General Ledger | Reports | G/L Register).

2. Click all tabs on the G/L Register report. Remove any filters that appear on any tab.
    3. When all filters are removed, you can then use the Post and Print functionality with success

are you on 3.6 with 3.7 executables or fully 3.7?
  • Options
    lakshmivallurulakshmivalluru Member Posts: 168
    well it sounds that u got problem with only one specific computer.
    In that case delete the printers, delete the client, install client, add printers and give it a go.... :wink:
    LR
  • Options
    orbitalsalmonorbitalsalmon Member Posts: 33
    it is full version - US 3.70

can you link me the customersource site you are looking at?
  • Options
    philippegirodphilippegirod Member Posts: 191
    And you checked that the printer in wich the user want to print is installed on the Server (not only on the client system) ? Of Course, you did ?
    My candle burns by both ends, it will not last the night,
    But oh my foes and oh my friends, it gives a lovely light
  • Options
    RobertMoRobertMo Member Posts: 484
    I've seen this error at one customer and just could not find any logical explantion. Sometimes it was occuring somtimes not (usually when I was around) regardless time, logged user, PC, hournal worksheet, printers...
    I think the customer still uses Register to find what has just posted and print it if it failed first time.
    They just stopped complaining ?!? Lucky me...
               ®obi           
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯