Dimesion in Transfer order

wolftechwolftech Member Posts: 54
Hi Experts,

I want to analysis based on Dimension in Transfer Order. i.e I have created users as dimension: each time when the item is shipped and received particular user is used for moving the material, so when at the end I want to know which user has handled more number of transfers.

is Analysis by dimension is possible based on Transfer order.

Kindly suggest.
Thanks

Madhu

--He Who Ask question is a fool for 5 Minutes , he who does not ask remains fool forever--

Comments

• AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230
    There is the item analysis under Purchase-> Analysis & Reporting-> Analysis by Dimensions. You can use you analysis view here but there is no way to access the Item Ledger Entry Type (which you would want filtered by Transfer) in this view. So you can either modify the form with development, or analyze the posted transfer receipt header/line tables, filter by date and dimension, etc. Or update the item analysis card and then use the Item Analysis View Entries table.
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    I would say no. You can enter the user sending the transfer, but when it arrives at the other end you cannot reclassify the dimension to a new user to receive the goods.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
    In that case you would have to use two dimensions, one for the shipping employee and one for the receiving employee. Just test to make sure you can still add extra dimensions on receipt of the TO.
  • wolftechwolftech Member Posts: 54
    thanks for your replies..

Can we use analysis by dimension for entries posted in transfer orders?
    Thanks

Madhu

--He Who Ask question is a fool for 5 Minutes , he who does not ask remains fool forever--
    wolftech wrote:
    thanks for your replies..

Can we use analysis by dimension for entries posted in transfer orders?

Technically no. You can use analysis by dimension for item entries, but you can't filter by Transfer Order specifically. So analyze the information right out of the tables. Your other option is to modify the Item Analysis matrix so you can filter by Ledger Entry Type.