fields in an active key may not exceed...

Boom-BoxBoom-Box Member Posts: 27
Hello all!
I am currently facing a width restriction in the key in the Item Analysis View Entry table.
Since this kind og problems have already been posted, though I can't find none with a solution, I will try to give you some more detail through all the problem.

1.In the Inventory analysis views, I had the need to make my views filtered by Gen. Bus. Posting Group and Gen. Prod. Posting Group.
2. Fields and filters were created in analysis Columns and analysis view entry tables.
3. CodeUnit 7110 was modified in order to filter the results to item analysis view entry properly.
4 opening analysis "Analysis Report" in "Inventory"->A&R, if we have 2 columns eactly the same, but one has a posting group filter we get the exact same value on both. When we drill down, we get the correct entries for each. Passing both for Excel, we get the correct (different) sums on each column. Naturally, the column which is filtered has less values than the other.

Now I was trying to add this fields to the key in analysis view entry but i get the classic error:

"The fields in an active key may not exceed 252 bytes. The size of the Analysis Area,Analysis View Code,Item No.,Item Ledger Entry Type,Entry Type,Source Type,Source No.,Dimension 1 Value Code,Dimension 2 Value Code,Dimension 3 Value Code,Location Code,Posting Date,Entry No.,Gen. Bus. Posting Group,Gen. Prod. Posting Group key fields in the Item Analysis View Entry table is 276 bytes."

Any help will be highly apreciated!

Thanks In Advance,

Miguel Andrade

Answers

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    It means too many field in the key
  • Boom-BoxBoom-Box Member Posts: 27
    Hi again and thank you,

I know what this mistake means, I was triing to figure out if there's a workaround we can use in such a case...

any ideas?...
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Yes, use fewer fields. You can't make the system accept more fields.
  • AlishaAlisha Member Posts: 217
    Make the names of the fields shorter...
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Alisha wrote:
    Make the names of the fields shorter...

Well I agree that's a very funny joke, but the danger is that someone might think you were serious, so you should put a :mrgreen: in there to let people know it was a joke.
    David Singleton
  • Boom-BoxBoom-Box Member Posts: 27
    Hi all!

Thank you for your replies,

I had to solve this the other way around... where we had a "calcsums", I had to create local records vars and make the sum "manually" through a "repeat..until" cycle.

Thanks again,

Miguel Andrade

P.S.: About that fileds' names length, it's not that related with the key size...it is related with the amount of bytes each type (decimal, text, boolean) requires.