Invert filter

varodavaroda Member Posts: 7
Hello, I have a problem.

I need to invert the filters of a table, it means, for example, I have filtered a table by the field Nº, the filter is 10000..20000. I need to invert this filter, it would somenthing like this <>10000..20000 but it doesn´t work. Do you know if there is a function to do this?

I think the unique solution for this is doing it in hand.

Thank you.

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    You'll definitely have to do this by hand. You can build code for it, but even that will be form specific (ie you'd have to add it to every form you wanted to do it on).
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    edited 2009-11-09
    ..9999|20001..

your example was how to exclude 10000 to 20000 do the filter above
    goes 9999 & before to 20001 and after, therefore excluding the range in your example.
  • varodavaroda Member Posts: 7
    I don´t undertand you.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    There is no function for it. It is not simply task to negate any filter you can create.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    varoda wrote:
    I don´t undertand you.
    your example was how to exclude 10000 to 20000
    the filter above goes to 9999 & before to 20001 and after, therefore excluding the range in your example.
  • andy76andy76 Member Posts: 616
    Have you found a good method?

I generally have a data item where the user can insert in a date field < date value.

I should filter another record variable for the opposite > date value.

But it not always so, the user could insert a lot of other different filters both on the date field (ex, >, a .. b, =a ecc....)

Isn't there something like NOT filter ?

Thank you
  • einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    You could mark all records, apply your filter and unmark those records within the filter. Then you should remove your filter and set MARKEDONLY(TRUE). But this way might take a long time depending on the table design, the number of records, your system...
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."