user login unique error

NavrookieNavrookie Member Posts: 83
Hi Friends,

I have a unique problem , I dont know is it a problem or advantage.

We are using Navision 5.0 SP1 Indian Version SQL database, with client license

The problem is :
I am a super user for the DB, when I try to login(in client license) system throw up error saying number of users is more, but the at the same time when certain end users( not all user) try to login, its allowing and they are able to open the database.

Note: I opened another session using developer license , when I checked the number of users its more than than the allowed session.

Only certain end users are able to open the session ,even if the session exceeds the limit.

Bit Weird ](*,)
Regards,

Arvind

The Art of Walking in Water is to know Where Stones Are..

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Sounds like you need to check those particular users and see what license they are using, They probably have a development license stuck in their install directory.

Either way it sounds like you need more licenses for the customer.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    When NAV starts it uses the fin.flf from the installation folder, but when it connects to the server, it reverts to the license that is installed at the server level. I don't think it is possible to have a "stuck license", you have to load any license that is not the server license. The people that are able to log in, they probably manually switch to the other license, which is probably somewhere in some shared folder on the network.
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Yeah, a quick file search for *.flf will show you where all those copies of your license are hiding on the network. Don't forget to check user's computers as well.
    Also, a good way to figure out who is changing the license is to remove those permissions from all the users. Whoever is doing it will probably complain.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    This was also a bug in 4.00 sp 1 or 2 and they introduced trace flag 4616 to resolve it. I am certain you can't even connect to the server with 5.xx and above if this flag is not set, but it may be worth while to see if the trace flag is set.
    David Singleton
    they introduced trace flag 4616 to resolve it

I always wondered why I had to do that :D Great information.
  • dmccraedmccrae Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 144
    6.0 SP1 no longer requires the flag, and this will also be the case when 5.0 SP1 Update 2 is released.
    Dean McCrae - Senior Software Developer, NAV Server & Tools

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • SDalietosSDalietos Member Posts: 15
    Version 5.01 requires the flag, other wise no log in is permitted.. Has anybody managed to log without setting the flag?
    Spiridon C. Dalietos
    Ls Retail - Microsoft Dynamics Nav
    www.Dalietos.com
  • NavrookieNavrookie Member Posts: 83
    I am able to login using those users from any system. The end user has restriced access only. Infact the user said to the administrator that they were able to login, I am sure that user didnt do anything...

How to solve this
    Regards,

Arvind

The Art of Walking in Water is to know Where Stones Are..
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Navrookie wrote:
    I am able to login using those users from any system. The end user has restriced access only. Infact the user said to the administrator that they were able to login, I am sure that user didnt do anything...

How to solve this

Is the trace flag set?
    David Singleton