material receive - procedure in india

hansikahansika Member Posts: 373
Hi to all,

when the material comes to warehouse from supplier . company will prepare these documents.

1. Gate inward entry ( with item details like item code, received qty , supplier code based on Delivery challan)

2. Material Inward register : this document is prepared by Stores person ( in this document fields are Received Qty, qty accepted , Qty rejected ..)

3. After the QC completed the above Material Inward register will with Qty accepted , Qty rejected.

4. Prepare GRN - Goods Confirmation Note based on the Material Inward register

5. Update stock ledger with Accepted Qty.

I am working on Nav 2009 .

Can i know how to do this procedure in Navision .

Please share u r ideas about this.
hansika

Comments

• Manish_AhlawatManish_Ahlawat Member Posts: 31
    Well you got to understand what lies in the Navigation Pane and where..which you will learn through experience.
    Its also depend upon the company how they handle the procedure..
    Right now where I am working they don't have warehouse kind of thing but after I reach home I can surely see from cronus databse and tell you..

a query..
    Who told you the procedure that you write down..
    Rule from today: Never take others comment in a wrong way, these might help you to travel a long way in your carrier.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    The procedure wriiten is custom method of receiving material in many organizations. You need to find out the best practise to follow in your case and also need some BPR.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • hansikahansika Member Posts: 373
    Well you got to understand what lies in the Navigation Pane and where..which you will learn through experience.
    Its also depend upon the company how they handle the procedure....

it doesnot lies in navigation pane, i have the expereince that 's y face this scenerio

Who told you the procedure that you write down..

May be u dont have the Industria experience , if u have then u should not ask this question, it tells that u dont have the industrial experience

Most of the companies will follow this procedure in India .

i dont how your company is running without these method, then u r company will be .. ](*,)
    hansika
  • vicky_dadavicky_dada Member Posts: 106
    Hi Hansika,

As somebody said, you dont find this in std navision, we need to customise this functionality. I have done a similar thing somehig like this:

1. Prepare a gate entry pass with minimm number of fields
    2. while receiving a material inward note prepare a Order by adding fields in purchase line (accepted Qty and rejected QTY) and attach the gate pass doc no. to this
    3. use a new table for QC, and add a function in the Order so that the lines are sent to QC and QC person updates the value accepted QTy and rejected QTY and when he posts the QC make sure u update the quantity with accepted qty and later receive and invoice

As somebody said lots of factors should be taken into consideration based on the client business, like when you reject the qty what exactly u expect from NAV, is the stock reduced or invoice is made only on the accepted qty etc, etc . :)

The guy manish said doesnot sense me in a wrong way, I think his meaning is "we learn from our experience" dont take any think in a wrong way especially when someone is trying to help you :)
  • hansikahansika Member Posts: 373
    vicky dada wrote:
    when someone is trying to help you :)

u think that fellow is helping us.

I dont think so .

first thing That he doesnot know have the industrial experience.
    hansika
  • vicky_dadavicky_dada Member Posts: 106
    Chill Maam,

How are you handling your requirement? Once you are done then update the forum

All the best :)
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    hansika wrote:
    vicky dada wrote:

I dont think so .

You are trying to point fingers on a person trying to help you. [-X
    I have done more than 20 implementations and approx. half of them does not follow the procedure mentioned by you. Have you visited all the industries in India to claim that everybody follows the same procedure.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    hi hansika,

you should not be blame to anybody like this if somebody trying to help u then get it.
    either if u with navision then you should have known that this is also in navision except QC.

"There r never stupid question and answer only stupid people" :oops:
  • Manish_AhlawatManish_Ahlawat Member Posts: 31
    hansika wrote:
    vicky dada wrote:

I dont think so .

Chill down pepper...

I am having an experience of more than a year and after all these comments I think you would have learned your lesson.
    As far as me helping you I think I would rather utilize my time in helping someone who could appriciate it atleast..
    Rule from today: Never take others comment in a wrong way, these might help you to travel a long way in your carrier.