NAV Database server problem

carthi1985carthi1985 Member Posts: 13
Hi everyone,
I have installed NAV Database Server with typical installation in windows server2003.
Database server Service starts automatically, then i can see status of the server started in NAVDBMSnapIn.msc.
Even though, when i start NAV Classic client and go to open a database, the servers are being listed(no ellipsis).
Then I tried to type the server name manually, then pasted the path of database which i mentioned in NAVDBMSnapIn.msc.
AM getting the following error msg:
The other end of the TCP/IP communication line has shut down the connection.
Try to start the session again, or get help from the system manager. Contact your system manager if you need assistance.

When i tried to run the SERVER.exe in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Database Server am getting the following error.
The program is unable to connect to the server's process.
This is because the server is running as a service using the system account. Run the client using the network instead

I checked and all the NAV service runs using network account.

Awaiting for your reply
Thank you
Thanks & Regards
Pradeep Kumar

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Even though, when i start NAV Classic client and go to open a database, the servers are being listed(no ellipsis).
    It will be never listed there, just take it as it is... it is easier (it should be listed when AD schema is extended, but I naver saw it working...)
    Then I tried to type the server name manually, then pasted the path of database which i mentioned in NAVDBMSnapIn.msc.
    If you are entering server name, you do not need to enter database name. If you are connecting to fdb directly, you are entering only db name, but not the server name.

Check the second tab of the open dialog that you have selected TCP and not TCPS.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • SDalietosSDalietos Member Posts: 15
    First time i see those errors...

Either way, have you created a new db with parameter client only (on the specific computer) and then restore the fdb on it (then use the db)...?
    Spiridon C. Dalietos
    Ls Retail - Microsoft Dynamics Nav
    www.Dalietos.com
  • carthi1985carthi1985 Member Posts: 13
    Hi Kine
    Thank you. Now its working. =D>
    Thanks & Regards
    Pradeep Kumar
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!