Return orders

clemboclembo Member Posts: 122
I need to post a return order. Customer give me some bad items to good with other items.
I won't post a credit memo and an invoice.
How I do this?

](*,)

Comments

• vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    hi,
    first make a return order for that customer from return order in "sales & marketing".
    after select posted invoice by copy document from function menu,aftre select the item from invoice and fill quantity and post it.then make a credit memo for return order.

Vijay Gupta
  • clemboclembo Member Posts: 122
    HI,

I don't want to post a credito memo.
    there is a way to not post a credit memo and an invoice?
    Situation is: one item return and one item ship. I replace item to my customer. Nothing to invoice.
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    IF you don't want to record any documents to the customer, merely do a swap as if they came to the store and got a replacement.

Then you could just post an item journal in at cost with return reason code and then post a sales order at 100 % discount. so although you will post an invoice it is 0.

Otherwise I would do the following

Create Return order - Functions Get posted doc lines to reverse, get the relevant shipment , change qty to 1 , notice cost, Post & invoice Notice
    Create sales Order - get the same item qty 1, makes sure the cost is the same as above document then post and invoice

This takes you back to 0 if you have recorded the costs correctly. No credit note needed and no outstanding amounts

If i understand you correctly, if you have any shipping costs associated with the return or shipping you handle those in the normal way.